⑦①. Crush Comfort

Type: Fluff maybe a little angst?

Prompt: ^^

Word Count: 854

—-

Hope you all enjoy and hope this isn't too bad :/
Leave me some cute generic requests everyone can enjoy!! As well as some advice on how to make your reading experience more enjoyable!

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

In a whirlwind of emotions, your fists clenched in pure rage as you stormed out of the cafe, y/bf desperately calling out for you to stop. Earlier that morning, you had asked y/bf if he was free for a lunch date. To your disappointment, he said he had to work, which you foolishly believed. You never thought in a million years you'd walk into your favorite cafe to see y/bf on a date with another woman, but today that's exactly what happened.

"Y/n, please stop, I can explain!" He yelled, attempting to grab your arm.

Angrily, you turned around and shoved his shoulders, catching a few glances from passing strangers.

"I never want to see you or that woman again."

Under any other circumstance, you would never blame the woman for y/bf's behavior. However, not only did you know her, but she knew y/bf was your boyfriend. Somehow you managed to reach your car without shedding a single tear, that was until you started to drive away, seeing y/bf standing in the road through your rearview mirror. It was at that moment you started to cry, more like bawl, as you drove the short distance home.
Once home, you slammed the door and ran to your room, not even attempting to take off your shoes before jumping onto your bed. With your face buried in your pillow, you soon heard the muffled sound of your phone ringing; it was y/c. You would never admit it, but you had always had a strong attraction to y/c... Fine, you'll admit it was more of a crush rather than a simple 'attraction'. Now that y/bf was gone, you could finally accept your feelings.

Taking a deep breath, you answered his call, trying your best to steady your shaky voice.

"Hey Y/n, are you doing ok?"

"Yeah, I'm great!" You lied, faking a smile even though he couldn't see you.

"Y/n.. What's wrong?"

"What? Nothing wrong, I'm fine!" You lied yet again.

"Y/n. I know you better than that. Heck, I'm pretty sure I know you more than yourself," he declared, making you softly smile.

"I'm ok, I promise."

"If you don't tell me what's wrong, I'm coming over right now. You have 5 seconds," he threatened, starting the countdown from five.

"5"

"4"

"3"

"2"

"Ok fine! Y/bf..." You took a deep breath before continuing. "Y/b-bf... Cheated on me."

"I'm coming over," y/c interrupted, hanging up the phone with no hesitation.

"Y/c, please no! I'm fi-" the line suddenly went quiet before you could say anything else.

Throwing your phone on your bed, you broke down, practically wailing as you curled up in your bed. Your sobs were soon interrupted by the sound of footsteps running to your room, the bed sinking in right next to you. Somewhat confused, you glanced to your side, seeing y/c sitting there with a look of complete sorrow and sympathy. As if you could read one another's mind, you collapsed into his arms, y/c holding you close and tight to his body.

"Shh, it's ok, let it all out. I'm here," he cooed.

Nearly 10 minutes had passed before you had finally stopped crying, your voice no longer trembling as you wiped your tear-stained face.

"You feeling better?" y/c asked, lifting your chin to meet your eyes.

Time seemed to slow down as your faces inched closer until your lips met, sending electric signals down your spine. Pulling your lips apart, you both gazed at one another in confusion and shock.

"Y/n... Look, I need to tell you something. I've been meaning to tell you this for months, but I didn't want to ruin our friendship as well as you and y/bf's relationship, but I uh... Y/n, I think I love you."

You were in complete shock. You felt the exact same way from the moment you had met him. If you were being completely honest, you had always hoped you and y/c would end up together, even after y/c came into the picture.

"Y/c, I feel the same way. I've felt this way since the day I met you. When ex asked me to date I said yes so I wouldn't have to keep thinking about you, even though I know he was never a good guy..." you admitted.

"Well, I hope this isn't too soon, but y/n, would you like to be mine? Or at least go on a date..?"

"Yes!" You exclaimed, practically throwing yourself under into his arms, throwing your arms around one another.

Today was a rollercoaster of events, but you wouldn't change it for the world now that y/c was yours, and a new chapter of your life was about to begin.