㊹. Competition

Sorry this isn't the best, I feel like
My writing isn't too hot rn and all my ideas are like fake and outlandish and not as artsy and good as I'd want them to be... lmk what you all want to see :/

Type: Fluff

Prompt: Being very competitive y/n and y/bf decide to have a friendly competition, the competition being who can not cuddle for the longest.

Word Count: 780

         ✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

The gentle sound of raindrops pattering on the window was like music to your ears, creating a soothing backdrop to your cozy spot in bed. The creaking of the front door as it swung open signaled y/bf's return home, which brought an even bigger smile to your face. You decided not to leave your comfortable nest, eagerly waiting for y/bf to come to you.
True to your expectations, y/bf made his way to your bedroom. He quietly slipped into bed beside you, under the impression that you were fast asleep. As he scooted closer and wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you close to him, you decided to play along and welcomed him with a soft greeting.

"Welcome home," you whispered, turning to face y/bf.

Startled, y/bf jumped a little, his grip around your waist instinctively tightening. "I thought you were asleep!"

"Sorry. You're so cuddly; it's adorable," you admitted, nuzzling closer into y/bf's chest.

"I am, but not more than you," he defended.

"You so are! You literally cuddled me when you thought I was asleep."

"So you don't want me to cuddle you?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No no, I love to cuddle! I'm just proving you couldn't last as long without cuddling as I could," you confidently stated.

"Well then, care for a little competition?" y/bf smirked.

"I'd love one."

"Lets see who can go the longest without cuddling, the winner gets the satisfaction of knowing they were right," he proposed.

"Deal! This will be a walk in the park," you bragged.

"Don't get too cocky now," y/bf smirked.

With the competition established and sealed with a handshake, you both drifted off to sleep, determined not to touch each other. The night proved unexpectedly challenging as you found yourself almost instinctively reaching for y/bf multiple times before catching yourself. You missed y/bf's touch more than ever, longing for the comforting warmth of his presence.

Little did you know, y/bf felt the same way.

**Y/bf's POV**

Not even 10 minutes into the 'competition,' and I nearly caved. This is way harder than I thought it'd be! Just the fact that y/n wasn't in my arms made me uneasy, making it nearly impossible to sleep. It felt as if a part of me was missing, my other half.

**Back to Y/N's POV**

After a long and sleepless night, you finally awoke to a cold bed. Y/bf was no longer beside you, and you missed his warmth terribly. You decided to grab one of his sweatshirts from the closet before heading downstairs to find him.

"Y/bf?"

"I'm in the living room," y/bf called out.

Walking into the living room, you saw y/bf lying on the couch, surrounded by blankets and pillows.

"Did you sleep down here?"

He nodded, stifling a yawn.

"Oh no, was I snoring?"

"No, it's just—never mind," he sighed, a hint of disappointment in his eyes.

"Y/bf, you know you can tell me anything."

"I know, it's just a little embarrassing, I guess," he mumbled.

After a bit more coaxing, he finally gave in, telling you what had been bothering him.

"I know I said I'd win the competition easily, but it's way harder than I thought. The only way for me to make it through the night without cuddling you was to sleep down here," y/bf explained, a faint blush creeping onto his cheeks.

"Aww, I felt the same way. Last night was awful."

"Promise we'll never do this again?" y/bf asked.

"Promise."

"In that case, get over here," he commanded, opening his arms wide.

Crawling into his welcoming embrace, you laid your head on his chest, your body fitting perfectly against his. After a few moments of comfortable silence, y/bf broke it with a chuckle.

"Wait, who won the contest?"

"Well, you technically admitted it before I did, so I guess I won!" you reasoned, a big grin spreading across your lips.

"I guess you did. I love my competitive girl," y/bf smirked, pressing a tender kiss on your forehead.

Needless to say, no more competitions were held between the two of you, well, almost no competitions. 😉