①⓪④. Meeting The Parents

Type: Fluff

Prompt: ^^^ I accidentally cut out the name so if it's yours please tell me so I can give you credit!!

Word Count: 797

Sorry if this isn't how your family acts, I'm just kind of writing based on my family, feel free to change anything if needed!               

                                                                           ~~~~~~~~~~

"How does this look?" Y/bf texted, sending you a picture of his outfit.

You smiled as you gazed at the photo before responding with a thumbs up. Today was a significant day as y/bf was about to meet your parents for the first time, and his nerves were palpable.
He was particularly excited about meeting your mom, but the thought of meeting your dad had him extremely jittery. In your family, you held a special place, whether you were the firstborn, the only girl, or the youngest, and your dad was fiercely protective of his little girl.

As you moved about your home, you heard your mother's voice calling out to you.

"Hi, sweetie! Can you help me set the table?" she asked, taking out the fancy dinner plates.

"Of course," you agreed, taking the plates from her and carefully arranging them on the table, along with the rest of the dishes.

While your mom took care of the dishes, your dad walked into the kitchen, wearing a noticeably snug shirt.

"What's with the baby shirt?" you quipped, breaking into laughter.

"Oh, this? This is my 'muscle' shirt. Got to make sure y/bf knows what he's dealing with," he explained, flexing his biceps, a scene reminiscent of your dad's antics that had previously unnerved your boyfriend.

"Please go change. I don't want y/bf to break up with me because he's too scared of my dad," you sighed, trying to nudge him out of the kitchen.

Your dad, however, seemed undeterred.

"Well, I do."

"Y/dn! That's enough out of you; go change, please," your mom jumped in, ushering him away.

You mouthed a quick thank you to your mom before rushing to your room to finish getting ready. As you put the final touches on your makeup and outfit, your phone buzzed, grabbing your attention.

"I'm on my way. Gosh, I can't stop shaking," y/bf texted, eliciting a sympathetic smile from you.

"Y/bf, don't worry. I promise they'll love you. I know I do. See you soon ❤️."

After about ten minutes, the sound of knocking at the door reached your ears. Hearing your dad's footsteps approaching the front door, you dashed down the stairs and opened the door, narrowly beating your dad to the entrance. Y/bf stood there, nervously grinning, holding a vase of flowers.

"Hey! Wow, those are beautiful," you beamed, hugging him tightly as he stepped inside.

As you pulled away from the embrace, your mom swiftly intervened, saving your boyfriend from meeting your dad first.

"Hello, you must be y/bf! It's nice to finally meet you," your mom said, extending her arms for a hug.

Y/bf warmly reciprocated, expressing how nice it was to meet her. He handed her the vase of flowers with a sheepish grin.

"Oh, wow! These are lovely. Thank you so much!"

"Y/bf," your dad spoke deeply, making his way into the entryway.

"Nice to meet you, sir," y/bf shuddered, shaking your dad's already extended hand.

You and your mom exchanged worried glances, and then the four of you made your way to the kitchen, taking your seats at the table. Notably, your dad positioned himself directly across from y/bf, staring at him intensely.

Feeling y/bf's nervousness, his hand found yours under the table, and you held onto him lovingly, reassuring him that you understood.

"So, tell me about yourself," your father requested, leaning closer to y/bf.

Clearing his throat, y/bf began to speak, sharing his hobbies, job, and family. Your father listened attentively, nodding in apparent approval as he elaborated on his answers with your mother. Dinner progressed smoothly, free of awkward silences, and conversation flowed naturally. After finishing the meal and chatting a bit more, it was time for y/bf to leave.

As you all headed towards the front door, your dad suddenly burst into laughter. Perplexed, everyone turned to look at him. Amid his laughter, your dad began to explain.

"Y/bf, I'm sorry I couldn't keep up my act. You're a good kid," he chuckled, playfully patting y/bf's shoulder.

Y/bf let out a huge sigh of relief, which elicited laughter from everyone.

"Just treat her well, or I will kill you," your dad grinned, patting y/bf's shoulder again before opening the front door for him.

It was safe to say that the evening had gone remarkably well, and it seemed your boyfriend had successfully won your parents' approval.