⑨⑦. Smack Talk

Type: Fluff

Prompt: Just the usual smack talk between y/n and y/bf as they play their favorite game

Word Count: 457

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

"Ahh, you little cheater!" y/bf shouted, a mix of frustration and amusement as he watched your character streak past his on the screen.

"It's not cheating, just pure skill," you responded with a smug grin, deploying one of the power boosts you had collected.

He shook his head in disbelief. "Nope, you're just a dirty cheater."

"Oh, is that right? Let's put your theory to the test," you retorted, moving your joystick to its limits.

The first-place medal flashed on your screen once again, leaving him in bewilderment.

"Ugh! How did you win? You've literally never played this game before."

"I guess I'm just naturally a pro, unlike you," you playfully scoffed.

He arched an eyebrow. "Oh, really? Well, let's play another round, shall we?"

"Another one? We've played three already. I don't think it'll change your luck."

"Is that the smell of fear I detect? Is little y/n scared to lose?"

"Not scared, just don't want to hurt your feelings by beating you again."

"Hmm, what's that I hear? Is that a chicken?" He replied, cupping a hand around his ear and mimicking chicken clucking.

You chuckled. "Alright, let's play. But don't get upset when I win again."

The countdown flashed across the screen,

3,

2,

1,

Go!

Simultaneously, you both pressed the go button, and your characters raced off. With finesse, you expertly maneuvered the sharp corners, effortlessly dodging all the obstacles, including y/bf's attempted attacks.

"How did you miss that?!"

"Just my catlike reflexes," you smirked, leaning forward for a better view of the screen.

After a few laps, you remained comfortably in the lead, with y/bf trailing nearly half a lap behind. Just as in all the previous games, you finished with the gold medal, and y/bf settled for silver. If it weren't just the two of you playing, he probably wouldn't have even received a medal.

"HOW?!"

"Ah, ah, ah. Remember, no getting upset," you playfully chided.

He sighed. "Ugh, fine. You win... again."

Y/bf tossed his controller on the floor and headed for the game console, removing the disc.

"What're you doing?"

"Hiding this stupid disc so we don't play it again," he replied, putting the disc back in its case and placing it on top of the cupboards.

"Alright, come here, Mr. sore loser," you giggled, opening your arms wide.

He grumbled a bit but happily accepted your embrace, wrapping his arms around your torso.

"Don't worry, y/bf; I'll teach you how to play, and soon you'll be a pro," you assured, placing a gentle kiss on his nose.