㊱. Dance

Requested By Katdude44!!

Type: Fluff

Prompt: As y/n goes to a much anticipated dance she soon becomes rather lightheaded, resulting in her passing out. To y/ns suprise y/c comes to her aid, insisting on taking care of you.

Word Count: 1155

Y/c: Your Crush
Y/f: Your friend

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

"I'm so excited for the dance!" Y/f squealed with enthusiasm as she skillfully pulled into the school's crowded parking lot, the anticipation of the night ahead evident in her eyes.

"Me too! And a little nervous," you admitted, your fingers delicately grazing the elegant fabric of your new dress.

"Is it because y/c is gonna be there?" Y/f teased, her sly smile accompanied by a playful nudge to your shoulder.

"Maybe..."

"Relax, y/n, he didn't come with anyone either, no one did! That's the whole point of this dance, going solo. And even after he sees you, he'll fall even more in love," Y/f cooed, her words laced with confidence.

"Oh, shut up, he doesn't even know me that well," you grumbled, the mere thought of it causing your cheeks to flush.

"Don't act like you don't see him staring at you literally ALL the time!" She practically screamed, her voice filled with excitement and amusement.

You couldn't deny it. You had caught him staring a few times, even sharing waves across the room. But surely, it was just a coincidence, right?
After some lingering doubts, you finally arrived at the school's dance. The music resonated in the air, and students swayed to the rhythm, the gym transformed into a festive haven.

"Y/n, look, there's everyone, let's go over there," Y/f shouted over the pulsating music, pointing to your group of friends gathered at the other end of the gym.

Grasping Y/f's hand, you allowed her to lead you through the lively crowd, finally reuniting with your friends. You exchanged compliments on each other's attire before heading to the center of the dance floor. A mosh pit formed, which, if you didn't know, is a large circle where one person at a time goes into the middle to dance.

You had never been particularly fond of crowded spaces, but tonight, you decided to make an exception. After all, y/c was waving at you from the other side of the mosh pit.

As the night wore on, your worries gradually dissolved, and you found yourself enjoying the moment with your friends. That is until the unexpected happened. After your turn in the mosh pit, you tried to make your way through the crowd. As you approached the edge of the dance floor, you suddenly felt disoriented and the world went black.

"Y/n, can you hear me?" Y/c's concerned voice echoed, and your vision slowly but surely began to return.

"W-what happened?" you croaked, your head pounding as you sat on the floor.

"You fainted," he explained, his strong arms supporting your weight as he helped you sit up.

He gestured to your friends to join you, and with their help, he took care of you. But when the slow dance began, he made a generous offer.

"Go dance, guys, I'll take care of her," Y/c smiled, his hand gently resting on your shoulder.

You were still feeling somewhat disoriented, and you didn't even fully comprehend what was happening. Your crush was taking care of you at the biggest dance of the year!
With his support, you made your way out to his car, where he insisted on giving you a ride home. He offered to stay with you until your parents returned later. As you sat in the comfortable silence of his car, a question lingered in your mind: How had he noticed you in the midst of all those other people?

"Hey, uh, Y/c, how did you see me in that crowd?" you asked, your voice still a little shaky.

"Well, to be honest, I've been watching you all night, not in a creepy way!" he quickly reassured, causing you to laugh.

"Why were you watching me?" you inquired, your curiosity piqued.

"Promise you won't think I'm weird?"

"I promise."

"Y/n, I really like you, or at least I'm insanely infatuated. I know we haven't talked much, but I can't help but feel my heart race and my stomach fill with butterflies whenever you're around," Y/c confessed, his eyes filled with genuine emotion.

"Y/c, I like you too," you admitted, your heart racing in tandem with his, a smile illuminating his face.

"Wow, this is the best night of my life," Y/c cooed, his smile radiating joy as he pulled into your driveway.

"Me too," you agreed.

After a few moments of sitting in the car in an awkward yet comforting silence, Y/c finally spoke up.

"Would you like some help inside?" Y/c asked.

"Sure," you accepted, grateful for his kind offer.

He came to your side of the car, opened the door for you, and offered his arm for support as he walked you to the front door.

"Do you, uh, mind if I change into some comfy clothes?" you awkwardly chuckled.

"No, I don't mind at all! You'll look just as beautiful," he chimed, the last part of his response delivered in a quiet mumble.

A sudden blush tinged your cheeks, rendering you momentarily unable to meet his eyes. Sensing your embarrassment, he excused himself to the living room, allowing you some privacy to change.
After slipping out of your dress, you scanned your closet for a more casual outfit. Finally, you decided on some shorts and a T-shirt. You didn't want to keep Y/c waiting any longer.

"Sorry I took so long! I just wanted to find something that didn't make me look like a ten-year-old boy, but as you can see, that didn't go too well," you joked as you walked into the living room, where Y/c sat.

"You look so cute," he marveled, his chin resting on his hands as he admired you.

"You're too sweet," you replied, offering a compliment in return as you took a seat beside him.

Smiling, he instinctively placed his arm around your shoulders, only realizing what he had done a moment too late.

"Oh, sorry, I - uh, should probably ask before doing that," he said, retracting his arm.

"No, it's okay," you reassured him, gently pulling his arm back over your shoulders.

As you started a movie, you soon began to feel drowsy. You rested your head on Y/c's shoulder without even thinking, and he draped a blanket over you. It was an incredible night, despite fainting at the dance. You had not only gotten closer to Y/c, but you had also discovered the mutual attraction that had been hiding just below the surface, making it a memorable and heartwarming evening.

Hope that was ok!!