⑨⑥. Fireworks

Sorry if this isn't too good! It was a cute idea I had in mind.

Type: Fluff

Prompt: y/n and y/bf watching an amazing firework show.

Word Count: 430

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

"I'm so excited for the show," you contently sighed, comfortably nestled on top of the blanket spread out on the lush grass.

"Me too!"

Today marked a day of independence or celebration of some sort, drawing hundreds of people to gather in a massive clearing to watch the annual fireworks show. The majority of your day had been spent at the park, exploring the numerous booths and attractions scattered across the area.

"What's your favorite kind of firework?" He asks.

"Hmm, that's a great question. I'd have to say the gold sparkling ones!" (the ones that make the crackling noise, I don't know what they're called)

"Ooo, those ones are pretty, just like you," y/bf winked.

"Oh, y/bf, you're sweet," you blushed, pressing a kiss on his cheek.

"What's your favorite firework?"

"I like the BIG ones that are so loud they shake the ground," he responded, using hand actions to mimic the 'big' firework.

"That's a good answer," you grinned, laying your head down on the blanket.

A sudden flash of light caught everyone's attention, followed by a roaring boom. Without hesitation, the whole crowd erupted in excitement as the show was finally about to begin.

"C'mere," y/bf cooed, patting his lap before wrapping his arms around your waist.

You happily complied, moving into his lap, and y/bf rested his head atop yours as you lovingly stroked his arm. The massive explosions of color in the sky were mesmerizing to behold.

"This is amazing," y/bf said in awe, pressing a kiss on the top of your head.

"It really is, especially with you," you remarked, lovingly gazing up at him.

"Don't look at me like that," he smirked down at you.

"What do you mean?"

"I can't watch the fireworks with you looking at me like that."

Without warning, y/bf gently grabbed your face, his lips meeting yours.

"Now, let's watch the rest of the show," he smirked, his hand still holding your face to meet his gaze.

You nodded, leaning back into his warm embrace. With the fireworks illuminating the night sky and the love of your life in your arms, everything was perfect. The bursts of color and light in the sky mirrored the fireworks in your heart, as you watched the show together, feeling utterly content and grateful for this beautiful moment you were sharing.

Hope that was ok!!