⑥⑧. First Day Of School Love

Based of my own true story ☺️❤️ (sorry ik that's lame and cheesy)
REALLLLLLY important A/N at the end about requests
Sorry if it's not the best, gotta get back into the swing of things

Type: Fluff

Prompt: You can't help but notice a very handsome stranger in your class on the first day of school.

Word count: 768

Just pretend you don't know Y/c in this one ;)

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

Sighing, you looked down at your schedule again for what felt like the millionth time. This was your first day at a new school, and you were feeling quite lost, to say the least. Standing in the middle of the empty hallway, you couldn't help but feel frustrated when the bell rang, indicating you were tardy on your very first day.
Wandering around for a few more minutes, you finally managed to find your class, practically jumping inside to avoid being marked even later than you already were.

"Oh, hello! Are you in this class?" the teacher asked in a friendlier tone than you had expected.

"Yeah, I just got a little lost... It's my first day here," you shyly replied, earning sympathetic smiles from your new classmates.

"Well then, let me be the first to welcome you to our school! Come take a seat next to y/c!" the teacher grinned, pointing to a table near the back of the room.

Happily, you walked over to the table, not expecting to meet the gaze of a very cute boy. Simultaneously, you both smiled at each other, making your cheeks flush a mellow pink. Not wanting any more unwanted attention, you silently pulled out your notebook and began to jot down the words from the whiteboard.
Unconsciously, your eyes found their way from your paper to the handsome boy in front of you. As your eyes met his, he seemed equally entranced.

"Hey, uh, I just wanted to welcome you to (School Name). My name's y/c," the boy spoke, catching you off guard.

"That's so sweet, thank you! My name's y/n," you replied.

"So, how do you like it here?"

"It's been good so far! The people are so sweet. The only problem is this school is 100 times bigger than my old one; it took me 10 minutes to get here!" you exclaimed, eliciting a soft laugh from him.

"Well, I'd be more than happy to show you around. That way, we could, um, talk more! Could I see your schedule?" he asked.

You handed him the folded paper, watching as his face lit up.

"Hey, we have the same next period!"

"Really? That's awesome!"

"Yeah! Would you like me to walk with you? Wouldn't want you to get lost again," he winked.

"That'd be great," you said, letting out a small giggle.

The rest of the class consisted of the two of you talking, getting to know each other, and, of course, laughing. As odd as it may sound, by the end of class, you were almost completely head over heels for him. He was your exact type, if not more.

"Wanna get going?" he asked, slinging his bag over his shoulder.

You nodded and did the same. The entire walk through the hallway, you could feel your heart pounding in your ears as your shoulders brushed against each other, his hand mere centimeters from yours. Sensing your nervousness, he playfully nudged your shoulder, causing you to bump into another passing student. Shocked, you looked at him, only to see a smug smile painted across his face. Smirking, you nudged him back, although he hardly budged as he was much bigger than you.

"Hey, that's so mean," he pouted, sticking out his bottom lip.

"You started it!"

"Hmm, I don't think I did," he remarked, bringing a finger to his chin.

Unfortunately, your playful exchange was cut short as you reached the classroom. However, your disappointment didn't last long, as after class, he asked for your number before you both parted ways. Maybe this school year wasn't going to be so bad after all.

——

Sorry this is so annoying but I'm re re starting requests. I know I've been AWFULLLL at it the past 7 months but as I've gone through lots of the requests I can't help but notice they are all something I've written before or similar. So I'm asking for some new/unused prompts (they can be somewhat familiar just not too much!) sorry about this annoying inconvenience! I'm also going to start like a que so everyone's get done! (If you've sent one that's not one I've written just remind me!)