trigger

"You gotta train your mind to be stronger than your emotions or else you'll lose yourself everytime."
- unknown
————————————————————————

♪ This ♪

♪ This music makes me cry ♪

♪ It sounds just like my soul, oh ♪

♪ Oh, I'm not ready to win ♪

♪ Oh, Lord, cause I don't wanna know what they say ♪

♪ Cause I get carried away ♪

♪ Commodifying all the pain ♪

♪ The things they see in me, I cannot see myself ♪

♪ When you get bored of me, I'll be back on the shelf ♪

♪ And when the ocean rises up above the ground ♪

♪ Baby, I'll drown in... ♪

♪ California ♪

♪ I didn't think you'd end up treating me so bad ♪

♪ Oh, I, oh, I Oh, na, na, na, ne ♪

Lena walked off the elevator into CatCo, to immediately be greeted with Ella Teschmacher at her desk. "Ms. Luthor, it's so nice to see you," Ella said and Lena looked at her with a smile.

"Ella Teschmacher, right?" She asked and Ella exclaimed happily while Lena laughed.

"Sorry, my sister and I are huge admirers of yours," Ella said.

"Thank you, Ella," Lena said.

"Oh, uh, can I get you a coffee? You take it black, right?" Ella asked and Lena gave her an odd look. "I'm not stalking you. I emailed your assistant at L-Corp about all your favorite things — I hate salmon, too."

"Well, thank you," Lena said with a laugh. "Yes, a coffee would be lovely."

"Great," Ella said before she started to head for the normal elevators.

"Ella," Lena said and the blonde looked back at her. "Why don't you just use this elevator?" She gestured to the elevator behind her, that she just used. "It'll go straight to the ground floor."

"Oh, no, only the boss can use it," Ella said.

"That's just silly. Anybody who needs it should be able to use it," Lena said and Ella nervously smiled.

"Well, all right," she said before she walked up to the fancy elevator right as James walked up to Lena.

"Ms. Luthor," James said and Lena smiled as she also walked up to him. "I didn't know you'd be here this morning."

"Yeah, I was able to get things in line over at L-Corp," Lena said.

"That's good. I wanna say thanks again for saving CatCo. And we should really figure out a way to get you up to speed on what's happening here. I was thinking weekly meetings or-" James started.