fort rozz

"Strong women aren't simply born. We are forged through the challenges of life. With each challenge we grow mentally and emotionally. We move forward with our head held high and a strength that can not can not be denied. A woman who's been through the storm and survived. We are warriors."
- unknown
————————————————————————

In Alex's apartment, Alex was sitting on her couch, watching a movie, while her leg was still propped up. But she turned the movie off when someone knocked at her door. "Enter!"

And then Kara walked in, holding a pot full of heated food. "Hey!" She smiled.

"Hi," Alex said.

"Look who I found," Kara said before Sam and Ruby walked in as well.

"And we come bearing carbs," Sam said as Kara closed the door once they walked in.

"Oh, you didn't have to do that, but I'm really glad that you did," Alex said with a smile.

"I'll put this away," Kara said before she walked into her sister's kitchen, putting the food into the fridge.

Meanwhile, Ruby sat next to Alex on the couch. "Hi."

"Hi," Alex smiled before Ruby noticed the markings on Alex's cast.

"Who's Wine?" She asked.

"That says Winn," Alex corrected and Ruby chuckled before Sam's phone vibrated. "Do you want to sign?"

"Of course," Ruby said.

"Come on," Sam groaned annoyed and they all looked back at her.

"What's wrong?" Kara asked.

"I have to go on a trip and Mrs. Queller just canceled," Sam told her.

"Is that your babysitter?" Kara asked.

"Yeah. Sorry, guys, carry on," Sam said as she was aggressively texting on her phone.

"Well, I'm...I mean, I'm not doing anything," Alex said and Sam looked back at her. "So I'm happy to have Ruby here with me."

"No, I couldn't ask you. Look at your leg," Sam said.

"Come on, Mom. Let me stay with Alex," Ruby begged. "At the Christmas party, she promised to teach me how to punch without breaking my thumb."

"Full disclosure...I'm not a good babysitter," Alex admitted.

"Yeah, you should listen to her cause one time she made me watch The Shining and I had nightmares for weeks," Kara said.

"Um, okay, she was fifteen," Alex argued.

"So?" Kara asked.

"So, you were the one who wanted to watch it!" Alex continued to argue and Kara chuckled.

"Are you sure it's okay?" Sam asked.

"Yes, absolutely. I'm going a little bit sir-crazy. So, yeah. And if she gets out of line, I will call for backup," Alex assured before she subtly glanced at Kara, who gave her a soft smile.

"You're a life saver," Sam said as Kara's phone vibrated. A text, from Iris. "Thank you. Thank you."

"Oh, this is work, for me. I gotta go," Kara said before she looked at Alex once more. "Have fun."

"Thanks," Alex said as she watched Kara leave the apartment then she leaned over to Ruby. "I'm totally gonna put on The Shining," and Ruby chuckled.

The DEO