grow old, it's evergreen

In the cortex, Marlize continued slashing her sword at Iris, who continued to back up away from her. And one point, Iris was pinned up right against a wall. Marlize jumped at her, trying to impale her, but Iris ducked down, the sword piercing into the wall instead. She quickly ran over her her blaster as Marlize was struggling to pull the sword out from the wall.

Right as Iris grabbed the blaster off the ground, Marlize was able to pull the sword out of the wall. Iris turned to her, just for Marlize to cut down the blaster out of Iris's hands. She gasped, slightly backing away from her as Marlize pointed the sword in Iris's face. "Perhaps you are willing to do what it takes," Marlize said, slowly getting closer as Iris noticed the buttons on the chair, "But it seems my love..." Iris realized what she had to do as she looked back at Marlize, and so wished it wouldn't have to hurt so much, "...is stronger than yours."

Mentioning Mon-El...that hit a nerve.

Iris gasped before she grabbed the sword's blade, pulling it towards her, piercing into her, causing her to scream out in pain. She groaned in agony before looking at Marlize, a smirk on her. She grabbed the side of Marlize's hand, banging it into the chair before pressing the button on the chair, "Get out of our lives," she muttered before she kicked Marlize off of her, which included the sword being pulled off of her.

Marlize stumbled back into the chair as she disappeared into nothing, portaling back to her husband's Lair. But when she disappeared, The Flash, Supergirl, Mon-El, Cisco and Killer Frost re-appeared where she used to be.

At the same time, Iris dropped to the ground, her hand holding onto her wound as blood poured onto it. "Where is he?" Vibe asked.

"Iris?" Mon questioned before he quickly kneeled down next to her, but once he saw her wound, panic fueled him, "Iris!"

"I'm okay, I'm okay," Iris assured.

"You're bleeding!" Mon exclaimed as he pulled her up to her feet.

"I'm fine, Mon-El!" Iris snapped before she slightly winced, "The others are still out there fighting DeVoe and a Sumuroid."

Suddenly, Joe walked into the cortex, holding a sword with the Samuroid placed on it, "Actually, now it's just DeVoe," Joe said before he slammed the sword down on the counter. But when he turned back, that was when he realized Iris was injured, "Iris?"

"I'm okay, we just need to get DeVoe," Iris said and Mon-El grumbled underneath his breath, knowing she was not fine. She was hurt. And bleeding.

"Breach us to him. I'm ready to get blood on this jacket," Frost told Vibe.

"That blow back in the lair knocked down my breaching," Vibe said before everyone looked at Supergirl and The Flash.

"We'll get him," Flash said before the two of them zoomed off.

Iris continued to wince and grunt in pain and Mon-El couldn't take it anymore. He pulled her up into his arms, bridal style, before walking her into the med bay, "Frost! Come help! She is not fine!" Mon yelled out and KF came running into the med bay, seeing Iris's wounds.

———

When Supergirl and The Flash zoomed into the Speed Lab, they saw a surprising sight. Edwin DeVoe was slumped down on his knees, head cowered down, with Ralph in his suit (no mask on) standing before him. "Did you just-"

Ralph suddenly pulled DeVoe to his feet, meta cuffs on his wrists, dragging him towards the two, "Beat The Thinker?" Ralph asked before chuckling, "Yeah, I did," he then looked at DeVoe, "You just got out-thunk, punk."

"And I see you went with the same plan, as always," Flash said.

"Eh — Do you remember when I visited you in prison?" Ralph asked and Flash nodded, "You said that I could have a greater life if I'd just rise up. Well, I'm ready for that life. And for the first time, I might even deserve it."