i sang a lullaby by the waterside and knew

At the DEO, Supergirl stood quietly and slightly traumatized as J'onn and Alex watched her carefully. "I'm sorry I couldn't hold her off," J'onn said.

"She's more powerful than any psychic I have ever encountered — and I have encountered a lot of psychics," Supergirl said.

"What happened this time?" Alex asked and Supergirl looked at her.

"It was the same as before," she said but Alex stared at her unconvinced.

"I got our girl," Winn said as he ran up to them, and they all followed him towards the screens. "Gayle Marsh, law-abiding citizen of Skokie, Illinois, until one day she snapped and went on a bank-robbing spree." He then looked back at his tablet as the others stared at the screen with all her information. "Uh, let's see, authorities nicknamed her Psi after a string of psychologically-enhanced robberies, which ravaged a series of small town banks throughout the Midwest a couple of months ago."

"Where do we go from here?" Alex asked.

"Well, now that we know a little bit more, I think I might start trying to adapt our psychic dampening technology to stop her," Winn said.

"Good work, Agent Schott," J'onn said and Winn smiled.

"I still love it when he calls me that," he said.

"But we still need to know how she's infiltrating people's minds, so get started," J'onn said before he walked away.

"I'll head to the precinct and see if there's an update on any witness reports that might help," Alex said before she too walked away. But as Winn tried to walk away, Supergirl grabbed his arm, causing him to look at her.

"I have to talk to you," she whispered.

———

Supergirl dragged Winn into a back room, him all excited that he was being a part of something secret. "Ooh, this is very covert ops. What's up?" Winn asked.

"I know how she's doing it. I felt her this time. She's targeting people's fear," Supergirl said.

"H-H-How do you know that?" Winn stammered and Supergirl tensed.

"I saw my mother," her voice cracking. "I saw Krypton explode. I re-lived my last moments there. And then being stuck, floating through space for so long, knowing I could never have my life back. Psi put me back in that pod. Completely trapped and alone. It was...it was so quiet. Silence was the worst part. I felt completely cut off from everything and everyone I have ever known." She the blinked out from feeling too vulnerable and looked at Winn, who was now seriously concerned for her. "We have to stop her, Winn."

"You should tell J'onn, Alex and Iris," Winn said.

"No. They can't know. They'll just worry. And Iris is still too scared to even come near the DEO. You have to be the one to solve this, that's why I'm telling you. You're already altering the psychic dampeners, right? This will help?" She asked.

"Yeah, I mean, knowing that it targets fear centers, sure," Winn said.

"Good," Supergirl said before she sighed. "I'm going to text you Cisco's number, and maybe he can help, okay?" But then her phone started to ring so she pulled it out. "Hang on — it's Lena. I've got to go."

She tried to leave but this time, it was Winn who grabbed her arm, causing her to look at him. "I-I-I'm...I'm sorry that this is happening. If-" Winn started.

"I'll be fine," Supergirl said before she took off and Winn sighed.

CatCo Worldwide Media