in search of lost time

"I confess, I loved you more than I let on, but you weren't ready for it, and I wasn't going to pour myself into hands that couldn't hold me."
————————————————————————

At the Danvers-Allen apartment one night, Barry and Kara were throwing a game night that included the majority of their friends, except for Iris and Mon-El.

Iris was at home with Ruby while Mon-El was at the DEO.

Kara, Barry, Alex, Winn, James and J'onn were all gathered, playing a game of charades, with Myr'nn in front of them. "Astronaut," Kara guessed.

"SpaceX?" Barry asked.

"Uhh, Spacewalk?" Kara asked.

"Wait a minute, wait a minute," J'onn cut in, and they looked back at him confused, "That...That doesn't count."

"Why?" Myr'nn asked.

"Because you shape-shifted, Dad," J'onn said and then everyone looked back at Myr'nn, revealing that he shaped shifted himself into an Astronaut suit.

"Oh," Myr'nn muttered before everyone laughed.

Myr'nn shifted back to normal while keeping his eyes on his son, "Human games have so many rules," he said.

"He didn't break any of the rules," Kara declared.

"You know what, it's fine. Just let him have it. We're slaughtering him anyway," Alex said.

"Hah! Hey, the Martian Man-Father strikes again," Winn said as Myr'nn sat back on the couch.

"Martian Man-Father?" Kara questioned.

"Fine," Winn muttered before he got up, standing before everyone, "The Martian Dad Hunter."

"Okay," Kara chuckled before she got up, "We need more wine. Keep playing," she then walked into the kitchen and J'onn followed her.

"I'll come and help you," J'onn said as Kara walked up to the fridge, pulling out bottles.

"I'm really glad you guys came," Kara told J'onn.

"Yeah, me too," J'onn said before he and Kara looked back over to the living room to find everyone playing another round.

"Movie..."

"Nine words..."

"Your dad," Kara continued, pouring a glass of red wine for her, then one for Barry, "He's...he's strong."

"Yeah, he seems to be taking this better than I am. He's doing everything he can to keep his mind sharp. He's-"

"The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover," Myr'nn cut in, guessing the name of the movie.

"What?" Barry asked.

"Cheating again — Come on, Dad, no mind-reading," J'onn said.

"You keep accusing me of not following the rules. You are one to talk," Myr'nn said before he looked at everyone else, "My son used to wait for me to leave, and the moment I had gone, he would switch around the pieces on the Ok-Rock-Tock board. When I caught him, he blamed his imaginary friend...What was his name?"

"Wait, wait, wait. I'm sorry. You had an imaginary friend?" Barry asked, looking back at J'onn.

"No, I-"

"Oh, yes, he did. You said he was a fifth-dimensional imp, who came just to move the pieces," Myr'nn said before he chuckled to himself, "What was his name?"