both sides now

"We try to hide our feelings, but we forgot that our eyes speak."
————————————————————————

HENRY ALLEN WAS HERE

SO WAS BARRY
IIIIIII IIIIII

12086 193a Street, National City. DEO agents and SUVs parked outside of this address, geared up, heading right towards the house when Supergirl and Mon-El landed on the ground, walking in with them. J'onn, Mon-El and many other agents ran around the house while Supergirl and Alex headed right towards the front door.

Meanwhile, staying in a van nearby was Iris and Winn, working the comm systems and the signatures.

"Okay, we've got one heat signature inside. No movements. Looks like we might catch this Worldkiller off guard. But be careful, in case she's as bad as Reign."

"Copy that, Winn. Watch our backs," Supergirl said.

"You got it."

Supergirl then kicked down the front door and walked in along with Alex and DEO agents. They all searched the house, looking for Julia Freeman, but so far, there was nothing.

"Winn, Iris, what's your 20 on the heat signature?" Alex asked into the comms.

"Looks like a back room."

Meanwhile, Mon and J'onn stepped into the kitchen where they heard something. Someone...singing.

"♪ And this woman, was singing my song ♪..."

"♪ Lovers in love, and the others run away ♪..."

Confused, J'onn looked at a just as confused Mon. "Is that Lisa Loeb?" He asked.

"I thought the target's name was Julia Freeman," Mon said, and J'onn realized that he was much more confused than anyone else.

The two stepped out of the kitchen where they found themselves in the living room, where they also found Supergirl, Alex and the other agents.

Approaching an African American woman, sitting down on a yoga mat, big chunky headphones on, listening to music, and thinking she was alone, so she sang outloud.

"♪ You say I only hear what I want to ♪..."

"♪ I don't listen hard I don't pay attention ♪..."

"♪ To the distance, that you're running, to anyone anywhere ♪.."

"Is it her?" Alex asked Supergirl, who was staring at the girl hesitantly. It was like from her nightmares, except this woman's eyes were brown instead of bright white.

Without answering, Supergirl just slowly approached Julia, who was still in her own singing moment, still not having realized that all these strangers were in her home.

"♪ I don't understand, if you really care ♪..."

"♪ I'm only hearing negative ♪..."

"♪ So I turned the radio on ♪..."

"Yeah, that's her all right," Supergirl said, staring down at her before she slowly leaned down, trying to get Julia's attention.

"♪ So by the time that, we're waiting for the other, who was dying' since that day-"

Supergirl reached out for Julia, trying to calmly get her attention, but she failed.

Julia opened her eyes, feeling a presence, and saw Supergirl right in her face. She screamed out, frightened, before hurriedly backed up into a nearby wall, also noticing the DEO agents, their guns pointed at her.