and all of the lights will lead

The next day, Kara, Barry, Iris, Joe, Cisco, Harry and Caitlin all stood around in the cortex of STAR Labs, looking over footage of where DeVoe could be. "There's no sign of DeVoe."

"The house is empty. Facial recognition's not picking up him or his wife," Joe said.

"So, what? He just drowned?" Caitlin asked.

"Or went back to wherever he was holding Barry," Iris said before they all looked at Barry. "Why did he take you?"

"I'm not sure. But I think he's interested in my powers," Barry answered.

"Great. We got evil Mary Poppins collecting metas, too," Cisco commented.

"Yeah, and Amunet won't back down," Caitlin said.

"Nothing like a lingering threat to put us all in the Christmas spirit," Harry said.

"Speaking of which, with all this DeVoe stuff and Cecile being out of town, I didn't have a chance to decorate the house," Joe told them all before giving a nervous look. "If you guys still wanna do Christmas."

"Yeah, of course," Kara said with a smile.

"We have a lot to celebrate," Barry added.

"Do you mean if I invite Dominic, the meta we just saved?" Caitlin asked.

"The more the merrier," Joe said.

"Let's get some nog," Cisco said before he, Joe, Iris, Harry, and Caitlin left.

Once alone, Barry looked over at Kara to see a long face, even though she was just smiling before. "So..." Kara looked up at him. "Everything worked out, huh?"

"Yeah," Kara said, with a small smile. "But what if it didn't? What if you were killed because of my decision? Honestly...this keeps getting harder and harder each day."

"Wells told me about the tough call you had to make yesterday. You're gonna have to make a lot more in the future. But you made the right call. And I'm proud of you," Barry assured her and she smiled. "And now, we will have ourselves a merry little Christmas. We deserve it." She laughed a little before kissing him.

West Household

The group all walked into the home, just to find it all completely decorated, and a Santa Claus dressed Ralph in the living room. "What the-"

"Ho, ho, ho," Ralph said with a smile. "Oh, wait." He then stretched out his stomach to fill in the suit. "Last a bowl full of jelly."

"Ralph, what is all this?" Cisco asked.

"Well, Joe said he didn't have any time to decorate, and I wanted to do something nice for...my friends," Ralph said as they all walked in, closing the front door. "I realize that I don't usually say or do the right thing. So I just wanted to say I'm sorry."

"Well, you — you really went all out, Ralph. Thanks," Kara said.

"Yeah, it looks great, man," Barry said.

"Well, I'm glad you like it," Ralph said with a smile.

Kara and Barry headed for the dining table while Iris headed straight for the alcohol. Caitlin was walking through the living room to head for the food when Ralph stopped her. "Uh, Caitlin," and she looked back at him. "Uh, it was wrong of me to say that Killer Frost is better than you. Because the truth is — no one is better than you."