into the night with me

Now on the stand, was Marlize DeVoe, watching Mr. Slater as he stood in front of her, the jury, and everyone else watching her as well. "Mrs. DeVoe, when did you first meet Mr. Allen?"

"Um, Mr. Allen showed up at my house about a month ago claiming to be investigating one of Clifford's former colleagues. We reassured him that we didn't have information to help him. But Mr. Allen persisted and continued to harass my husband," Marlize explained.

"And what prompted the restraining order?" Slater asked.

"My husband has — had advancing ALS. I was alone with Clifford most of the time. But something about Mr. Allen's aggressive manner just made me feel unsafe, so we went to the authorities. And we thought the complainant would dissuade Mr. Allen. But it didn't," Marlize explained.

Then the doors of the room aggressively opened, which Joe and Ralph entered, holding an envelope, which they quickly ran over to Cecile with. "Psst." She turned back and took the envelope, then opened it to see what was inside.

"Could you please describe for the court the last time that you saw your husband?" Slater asked, trying to ignore the absurd behavior.

"It was Christmas. And Clifford wanted to confront Mr. Allen. He had hoped that in the holiday spirit, he could convince him to let us be," Marlize explained.

"This bitch is psychotic," someone's whispered. Iris and Kara turned to see that Mon-El was there in a suit, seemingly to have walked in when Ralph and Joe did.

"Mon-El?" Iris whispered as he sat down next to her.

"And I-I begged Clifford not to go," Marlize said, her voice beginning to break, pulling the attention of Iris and Mon-El back to her. "But even with his disability, Clifford insisted that it was his job as my husband to protect us, to protect me. He didn't want to live in fear, so," she then began to sob heavily. "He left. And I wish — I wish I could have stopped him and stepped in and told him not to do this. But I let him go." Kara rolled her eyes as Marlize continued to cry, clearly crocodile tears.

"No further questions, Your Honor," Slater said before he headed back to his seat.

"Your Honor, I would like to enter Exhibit F into evidence," Cecile said, getting up, with the photos Ralph got.

"Objection, Your Honor," Slater said, immediately turning to her. "Why wasn't this entered into discovery?"

"Oh, I've only recently received this new evidence," Cecile said before she turned to the judge. "May we approach?"

He nodded and Cecile walked up to him, Slater following her in an annoyed manner. "Your Honor, there are protocols that need to be observed."

"This is my courtroom, Mr. Slater. I'll run it any way I see fit," the judge said as he looked through the photos and found them interesting. "I'll allow it."

Cecile smiled before taking the photos back and Slater went back to his seat. "These photographs were taken earlier today," she told the jury, handing one of pictures to them.

"Mrs. DeVoe," she then placed a picture right in front of Marlize, almost satisfied to find the expression on her face, the surprise. "Could you tell me please who is the man that you're kissing in that photograph? It is most certainly not your husband, correct?"

"His name is Dominic Lanse," Marlize hesitantly said.

"And how long have you known Mr. Lanse?" Cecile asked.

"A few months," Marlize answered.

"So it appears to me that perhaps your marriage was not quite as perfect as you've portrayed," Cecile said, leaving a small smirk on Kara. "Maybe you were ready for a life without your husband. So you ran into the arms of another man, another man you convinced to kill your husband."