reign

"The only thing more dangerous than ignorance is arrogance."
- Albert Einstein
————————————————————————

It had been two weeks since Barry and Kara's wedding, and two weeks since they left for their honeymoon. And Iris wished they would come home, because she found herself in a very awkwardly position.

It would have been much much easier for Iris to be in this situation if Kara and Barry were there with her. But they weren't.

So Iris just had to deal with it all by herself.

There Iris was, standing in the DEO, with Alex, J'onn and Winn, the four of them standing across from Mon-El......and his wife, Imra. "It's a long story."

"Well, seven years is a long time," Iris softly told them.

"Strange as it may sound, the 31st century is actually not that different from today," Mon-El told them all.

"What, better smartphones?" Winn asked.

"What's a phone?" Imra asked, causing Winn to start laughing.

"What's a phone?" He quoted. "Oh, the future's awesome!"

"Well, technology has developed beyond imagining, but, at the end of the day, it's still in service of communicating with each other, and entertaining each other, and also killing each other. In this day, or in a thousand years, conflict is constant, but so is strength," Mon explained to them all.

"And that's where we come in," Imra said, looking back in between her husband and her idol.

"So, what are you, soldiers?" Alex asked.

"The government were overwhelmed by violence, by chaos. Mon-El organized us. And we banded together to help Earth's leaders keep the peace, at home and in the stars. We call ourselves The Legion," Imra explained before looking at Iris. "And we exist because of you."

"Because of me?" Iris questioned, clear confusion on her face.

Imra nodded, but Iris just looked at Mon, wanting answers, because she was just a simple human girl. "You inspired me. So, when I founded the Legion, I chose to use you as the prime example of what we could be. Of what we aspire to be. I added Kara and Barry every now and then too." He tried to make a little joke at the end, but it didn't work, because Iris' expression stayed the same.

"When I learned about your life," Imra began, and Iris looked at her again. "And work and your compassionate fight for justice, and your devotion to protecting others, without any super powers, just by being completely ordinary, everything just crystallized. Your example gave my life purpose. I can't express how much it means for me to meet you in person."

Iris smiled nervously at her, trying her very hardest to try and like Imra, because she was just perfect, but it was so hard. "So," Winn started, sensing the tension. "A legion of superheroes. Ha!"

"Sounds formidable," J'onn said.

"Not nearly enough. The future has some...bad things happening," Mon said.

"Yeah, the darkness is spreading," Imra said but they all just stared at her confused.

"What's that? What do you mean?" Iris asked.

"Well, my team and I were on a mission and...we got into some trouble. Our ship got knocked into one of those disruptions," Mon explained.

"A wormhole?" J'onn asked.

"Yes," Mon said.

"We crash-landed back on Earth, twelve thousand years ago," Imra said and they all looked taken back.