on my beating heart

At the DEO, later on that day, Supergirl, The Flash, Iris, Mon-El, Alura, and Alex surrounded Winn at the circular table, "If they're regular Kryptonians, we should be able to track them down," Alex said.

"They're protected my magic," Alura said.

"I will find them," Winn coldly said.

"Do you think we should call J'onn?" Iris asked.

"No, he's with Myr'nn," Alex said, "I'll get him if the situation becomes dire."

"Imagine if we had Reign to deal with," Mon said, almost scoffing it off.

"Unfortunately, I think we do," the group turned to find Lena had walked up to them, holding Sam up to walk with her towards the table.

"Sam, you should be in bed," Alex said.

"I need to be here. This involves me," Sam said before she held herself up by leaning against the table.

"I know why Sam's sick," Lena said before she showed everyone her tablet, with different type of cells on the screen, "These are Sam's blood cells, and these are Reign's. Sam's blood cells are getting weaker, while Reign's are getting stronger. They share a symbiotic, non-local entanglement. Reign and Sam are still connected. Reign's back and she's getting stronger by the minute."

"But I destroyed the Worldkiller's blood," Supergirl said.

"Demos gave his life to stop them," Winn sternly said.

"I don't know how, but they have it," Lena said.

"Well, if...if Reign is getting stronger, then couldn't the opposite be true? If Sam gets stronger, then Reign would get weaker," Mon said.

"My thoughts exactly," Lena said.

"But how?" Alex asked, "Nothing we've tried has worked."

"The Fountains of Lillith," Alura said and they all looked back at her.

"Fountains of what?" Kara asked.

"Years ago, when I sentenced Jindah Kol Rozz to prison, she spouted about vengeance," Alura said, "One fountain gave infinite strength. The other brought weakness. She spoke of a woman born of the fountain with the power of destruction."

"Reign was created in the Dark Valley, and she doesn't get her powers from the yellow sun," Barry said, "Maybe she got them from this foundation."

"Then it's settled," Sam said, "I'm going back to the Dark Valley."

"Sam, you're too weak," Iris said.

"And we don't have Brainy to get you there," Mon added.

"Lena was able to do it," Sam said.

"That was using electric shock, and in your current condition, Iris is right. I don't know if you'd survive," Lena told her.

"That's a risk I'm willing to take if it means ending Reign and saving the world," Sam sternly said, "And I have to do it for my daughter. I promise you, I am not dying today."

———

Later on, Winn was in the weaponry, putting together his devices into a briefcase when suddenly the door opened — to Iris and James. They walked in, strutting over to him, finding that sad frown on him, "How you doing, man?" James asked, standing next to him while Iris stood across from him.

"He trusted me," Winn muttered, "And...I killed him."

"Winn," Iris sternly said and he looked at her, "That's not what happened."