the elongated knight rises

"FEAR. Fear is nothing more than an obstacle that stands in the way of progress. In overcoming our fears, we can move forward, stronger and wiser within ourselves."
————————————————————————

HENRY ALLEN WAS HERE

SO WAS BARRY
IIIIIII I

On the streets of Central City, Joe and the rest of the CCPD were parked outside of a bank, holding their guns towards a robber who was inside while Joe was talking to him through a phone. "Fine, just tell us what you want," Joe said into the communicator, as he looked at the robber, who had a bomb wrapped around his body, with three hostages behind him.

"I want you to back off, or I will detonate this thing."

"Okay, calm down, nobody needs to get hurt today," Joe said.

"You just follow instructions, and everybody here gets to live to see the sunshine tomorrow. Right? And I'd better not see The Flash, either — all right, first, I want a car. Something eco-friendly, like a Prius."

"Okay," Joe softly said as he watched that the hostages were being swiped away behind the robber. "We can do that."

"Good. Now second. Uh, I want a plane, okay? A private plane. Okay, and a salad, all right? I'm counting calories."

"Okay, it's going to take us an hour to arrange that," Joe told him.

"You better hurry up, because these hostages don't have much time-" but when he turned around to look at the hostages, he flinched to see Supergirl standing where they were supposed to.

Her hands placed on her hips as she smiled at him, "Hey, there," she said before she wigged her fingers into a wave.

"What-"

"Should have gone with a steak, pal," a voice said and the robber turned around to find Ralph in his suit standing there. "Cause it's the last decent meal you're getting for the next five to ten years."

"Who the hell are you?" The robber asked.

"Your friendly neighborhood superhero. You can call me-" Ralph started but then stopped for a moment, stuck what to say. "Mr...one second," he then pressed his comms as Supergirl rolled her eyes annoyed. "Guys, this is a huge moment for me. What's my name?"

"I was wondering where you were going with that."

"Hey, hey," the robber said and Ralph looked at him. "Where are my hostages?"

"Uh, bathroom break. They just couldn't hold it anymore. Don't worry, though, they're totally safe," Ralph said as he appeared the robber.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Get back, freak," he said, waving the detonator around.

"Freak, oh, sticks and stones may break my bones, buddy — well, they used to. Not anymore," Ralph said.

"I'll blow this whole city block," he threatened.

"Uh, you do realize you're a part of that block, right?" Ralph asked. "Come on, man. It's a weekday. People just want to get off work, go home, and watch the boob tube," and Supergirl shot him an outrageous look. "So why don't you take off that vest and-"

"No, don't touch me!"

Ralph ripped the vest off, stuffed it into his stomach, and when the robber pressed the detonator, the explosion just stretched out into Ralph. Supergirl zoomed over to him as the robber passed out from what he just witnessed. "Ralph, are you okay?" She asked.