and my memory fades

At L-Corp that night, Lena walked into her office but strutted to a stop when she saw takeout food on her glass coffee table. She then looked behind it to find James sitting on the couch. "Hey, um, I...I was gonna leave this here for you," James said before he stood up, "I didn't think I'd run into you."

"You brought me dinner," Lena said, crossing her arms.

"Yeah, um...I know your work's really important. It's saving-the-world important, but I happen to have a few friends who make a habit of that. And I know when they get really deep into it, they," James said before he softly chuckled, "They forget to eat, so...I didn't want that to happen to you."

"Well, that is," Lena started, a smile forming on her face, "...incredibly thoughtful. And I haven't eaten all day."

"Well, I'll leave you to it, then," James said before he began to leave but Lena stopped him.

"Well, since there's enough food here to feed an army," Lena said before she sat down on the couch, "Why don't you join me?" And he smiled before he joined her on the couch, pulling an arm around her and she smiled up at him, "Listen, Jimmy. There's something between us, something good. But in my life, in my work, there are people who count on my discretion. So I won't always be able to share everything with you."

"If you think a secret needs to be kept, then it needs to be kept," James said.

"Well, I appreciate that," Lena said with a small smile.

"Tell me it's going well, at least?" James asked.

"Not yet. But it will," Lena said.

Iris's Apartment

It was just after Iris had dropped Ruby off at school the next day, it was still early in the morning. Iris was sipping on some coffee in her kitchen, typing stuff up for her and Kara's blog when there was a knock at the door. She set her mug down and walked over to the door, opening to reveal Mon-El on the other side. She stared at him tensely as he did he. "Can we talk about yesterday?" He asked and she hesitantly nodded before he walked in.

She closed the door behind him before walking over into her living room while he stayed in the kitchen, "You were whammied by the psychic attack..."

"Yes," Iris said, facing him, "...that's true, But I...The things I said..."

"You're still in love with me?" He asked and she met his eyes.

"Yes," she softly said, finally admitting it to herself, and he didn't say anything else, "I thought I had dealt with my feelings about us. But when we were in this episode, it made me realize that our relationship was not perfect. You know, maybe I...I knew that deep down. But especially when you were gone, I was so busy missing you and romanticizing us...I- But I didn't realize that I was still...that I am still — But I feel a big weight off my shoulders now. So, in a way...I'm grateful it happened, I'm just sorry that it took a Martian attack to have it come out. And I'm sorry I was so brutal."

"You know what, the truth can be brutal. It's not news to me that I used to be a jerk. And I'm...I am sorry. For all of it. I didn't really grasp your perspective back then. And I'm sorry that I...didn't notice that you...are still, you know," Mon said.

"I still shouldn't have hit you, and I'm sorry for that. And I'm sorry for...I'm just sorry," Iris said.

"Can we have an agreement?" Mon asked, holding out his hand.

"Yes?" Iris asked.

"No more apologies," Mon said and Iris smiled before she stepped towards him, taking his hand.

"Perfect," she muttered before she smiled up at him, "Do you wanna go be heroes?"

"Is that your cute way of saying you want me to fly you around the city?" Mon asked.

"Maybe," Iris muttered and Mon-El chuckled.

Skies of National City

Wind whooshing through her hair, Iris was zooming through the skies. Well...Mon-El was, he was just holding her. Her arms clung around his neck as he held her bridal style, zooming through the beautiful skies, Iris putting all her trust that he wouldn't drop her. But suddenly, they came to an abrupt stop when — birds started dropping dead from the skies.

Mon-El floated down to a roof of a building, carefully placing Iris down to her feet as more dead birds dropped around them. Iris looked around shocked as a stern look appeared on Mon-El's face. "Pestilence," he muttered.