enter flashtime

"If no pain, then no love. If no darkness, no light. If no risk, then no reward. It's all or nothing. In this damn world, it's all or nothing."
- Glennon Doyle Melton
————————————————————————

3x2 (9yz) 4a

The speed lab of STAR Labs was lit up by yellow lightning. A see through board was filled with many equations while Cisco stood in the middle of the large room, staring at the red blur zooming around annoyed. "Ready when you are, Barry," a voice said and Cisco looked back to see Kara, standing by the computers.

"I'm ready!"

"Are you serious?" Cisco asked and Kara looked at him.

"Come on, Cisco," she said, stepping down from the computers, and towards him, "Just one more."

"She said two hours ago," Cisco said as he faced her.

"You know he's not gonna stop until he makes it through. You know how Barry gets," Kara told him and Cisco rolled his eyes.

"One more," he said.

"Thank you," Kara said, flashing her smile while Cisco faced the exit of the run-around, "Alright, here we go," she faced Cisco just when he opened up a breach, "Three...two...one...now!-"

Barry zoomed out right when the breach closed up, him missing it. Again. "Damn it!" He snapped, "One more."

"Kara?" Cisco said, hinting at her to talk to him.

"Uh, Barry, look, why don't we take five?" Kara said.

"No, not until I get this, alright?" Barry then began to walk back into the run-around.

"Listen, Miyagi," Cisco said and Barry swung back at him.

"What?" He asked.

"I've been here all day, opening breaches, all right, so unless you wanna run your hands together and do some magic shoulder popping-"

"I'm not rubbing your shoulder," Barry said.

"That's what I thought," Cisco said before he began to leave the speed lab, "I'm taking five."

"Hey, come on!" Barry called after him.

"I'm taking five!" Cisco yelled back, his voice breaking.

Barry sighed before he walked over to the board full of equations. "I-I don't understand why I can't get this," he said and Kara followed him.

"Maybe because you've been up all night," she said.

"But that shouldn't matter," Barry said.

"Barry, a breach closes in three picoseconds. DeVoe's could shut even faster," Kara said but saw Barry shaking his head annoyed, "I'm just saying that maybe this isn't the best idea to catch him."

"It's a plan," Barry said as he walked away, heading for the stair steps and Kara followed him, "It's the only one we have right now."

"What if he uses his force field against you? You don't know how to get out of it yet," Kara said.

"I don't know, Kara, but, I mean, we need something," Barry said as he sat down and she sat with him, "We have no leads on the next three bus metas, no way to track DeVoe, no way to stop him. He can't be this smart," he then looked at Kara to find her looking down at her hands, sighing to herself, "I'm sorry, but I mean, we've been at this for months, and nothing."

"Maybe that's the problem," Kara said and Barry looked at her, "Sometimes you have to take a breather and let the answer come to you. Do something else for a bit."