if you were here, i'd sing to you

On the streets, The wrecking ball crashed into a police car, and Psi just watched unfazed. "Freeze!" She slowly turned around to see a brave police officer had run up to her, a gun pointing at her. But immediately after looking at her, the police officer slowly dropped to the ground crying, and she cupped her hand on his cheek.

"Is it awful?" She asked.

Ruby's mother pulled up in her car, seeing the whole scene before her. She got out and looked around, trying to spot her daughter in the chaos. She internally panicked when she spotted Ruby walking towards the danger instead of away from it. "Ruby!" She screamed before she slammed her car door and ran after her daughter.

The wrecking ball slammed into a nearby building, which caused parts of the wreckage to fall to the ground, right by Ruby, which caused her to fall. "Ruby!"

The girl looked back and saw her mom running towards her. "Mom!" She called out.

"Baby!" She cried as she ran down, holding her daughter close. "I got you! Are you okay?" But suddenly, the wrecking ball snapped off its rope and started to fall down on them. "Oh, God!"

Right before it could crush them, Supergirl flew in and grabbed the wrecking ball. She flew down and dropped the ball down before looking back at the chaos around her. She started to walk down the street while everyone began to slowly calm down. But ahead of her, was Psi walking away with bags of money. "Psi!" Supergirl called out, pulling out the device Winn and Cisco made. She held it out as Psi slowly faced her. The device turned on, but with just one blast from Psi, Supergirl tumbled backwards.

"Ladybird, ladybird," Psi said as she slowly approached her. "Fly away home." Supergirl slowly got back up as amongst the crowds, Iris ran out, seeing what was going on first hand. "Your house is on fire, and your children, they will burn." Supergirl struggled to stand, and Psi sent a wave at her. Which sent Supergirl flying out. Iris gasped before she started to run after the hero, but as she did, she accidentally bumped into Psi. The two had brief eye contact for a split second before Iris headed after her friend.

———

Supergirl crashed into a building, and landed onto a patio. She started breathing heavily again as she slowly looked around her. She was inside that pod again, alone all over again, she wasn't strong enough to fight her. But slowly something changed, to white lightning surrounding her. Then to blue. Then red. Then yellow. And then she saw Barry screaming out in pain.

When Alex and Iris ran towards the alleyway that led to where Supergirl was, they heard soft crying in the distance. But as they began to ran towards her, Iris felt herself getting dizzy. She had a headache, which stopped her from running towards Kara. She leaned against a nearby wall, clutching onto her head. But Alex just continued to run towards her sister, to find her sobbing. "He's in pain," Supergirl muttered as Alex ran to her side.

"Kara, hey, it's me. It's okay, you're okay," Alex assured.

"He's in pain," Supergirl repeated and Alex stared at her confused.

"No," she muttered.

"It's him, not me. I thought I was seeing myself in the pod, but it's him in pain," Supergirl cried.

"Barry?" Alex asked.

"I did this to him. He's in pain," Supergirl said.

"No," Alex said.

"He's in pain," Supergirl said as she continued to cry. "He's being tortured, I know he is. I let him go and now he's in pain."

"Kara, he's not," Alex said.