maybe we found love right where we are

AN: i am apologizing right now for how obnoxious long this chapter is

Iris and Mon-El came back to the DEO, and as soon as they did, they found Barry, Kara, and Joe standing by the circular table. They quickly walked up to them, shivering in anticipation, hand in hand.

That alone had surprised Kara, making her assume that they had talked, and were finally together. Little did she know...

"Hey guys," Kara said, causing Barry and Joe to look their way too, "What's up?"

"Um," Iris muttered, smiling nervously, "We have something to tell you..."

Joe smiled, already knowing what was coming, all while Barry stared at them slightly panicked, "Oh, my god, how far along is she?"

Both Joe and Kara slapped his arm while Iris and Mon-El stared at him annoyed, "Dude...really?" Mon asked.

"Sorry, different announcement then," Barry muttered.

"Yes, actually," Mon said before Iris excitedly held out her hand, revealing the engagement ring on her ring finger.

Barry and Kara gasped, almost squealing in excitement as Joe just stared at them in joy, "Oh, my Rao!" Kara exclaimed, immediately taking her hand and examining the ring.

"You didn't!" Barry exclaimed, smiling at Mon-El.

"I did," he said.

The group then squeezed each other in hugs, happy over the occasion. But for Barry, it was different. For him, he had been waiting for this moment for six years. And it finally came.

"So, when's the wedding?" Kara asked, as they broke the hug, "Sorry, that's too soon."

"Actually, it's not," Iris said, "We're getting married in the next few days."

"Wait, why so soon?" Kara asked before widening her eyes, "Are you actually pregnant?"

"No!"
"Seriously?"

"It's because...I'm moving with Mon-El to the future..." and they stared at her shocked.

———

A few minutes after that, Iris had walked upstairs, finding Alex and Lena, and she was about to tell them, when—

"Hey, you guys."

The three turned around to find Ruby running towards them with Sam trailing behind. Iris smiled at the girl, especially when she crashed a hug into her, "Hey, girl," she said, "Oh, my goodness."

Ruby then hugged both Alex and Lena, who were a little taken back by it, "Oh, yeah, I'm...Okay."

"Well, I came to say thank you, but I think Ruby just did that for the both of us," Sam said as she finally caught up with her.

"Yeah."

"You made me feel safe when everything was horrible, and you made me have faith that my mom would get better," Ruby told Iris, who smiled down at her with adoration, "And I don't know what I would've done without you."

"Well...I mean, you were a great roomie," Iris said.

"And I especially loved the nights when your 'friend' would come over and make us dinner since you can't cook," Ruby added and Iris shot her a glare.

"Shut up," she said before the two chuckled.

"So," Alex said before looking over at Lena, "Wanna give the good news?"

"Sam...all your blood tests came back, and they are normal," Lena said and Sam exhaled deeply, in relief, "There is no trace of any Kryptonian DNA. You are 100% human."