cause, honey, your soul could never

In the STAR Labs Med Lab, Caitlin sat in the bed, with a scanner to her now healed wound, seeing if there was any damage. But it seemed everything was okay. "Are you sure you're okay?" Ralph asked, standing by Caitlin, along with Barry and Kara.

"Yeah, I mean, the wound started healing before I even woke up," Caitlin said before she put the scanner away.

"You frosted out for a sec when we got here. It probably helped," Barry said as Caitlin got up, placing her jacket back on.

"Yeah," she agreed, beginning to leave the lab, needing to do other things.

"Hey, shouldn't you rest?" Ralph asked, slightly following her. But she looked back at him, like nothing was wrong with her. Because they're wasn't.

"Honestly, I'm fine. If anything, this has just made me more determined to get DeVoe. I'm gonna go help Cisco with that pocket dimension predictor," Caitlin said before she turned and left the room, leaving Ralph watching her go, still worried.

"Well...this could have gone badly," Kara said, her arms crossed.

"Yeah, all things considered, we got pretty lucky," Barry said.

"Lucky?" Ralph questioned and the two looked back at him, "Are you two serious? Am I the only one who's paying any attention here?"

"Ralph, the mission was successful. Caitlin's okay, and Edwin agreed to stay in The Pipeline. Edwin will be safe in there," Barry told him.

"Safe?" Ralph questioned, "Because DeVoe's never successfully attacked metas in a maximum security facility before. Oh, wait, he did exactly that."

"Watch it, Ralph," Barry warned.

"I have been watching. Watching DeVoe ahead of us at every turn, watching Caitlin get skewered, watching the metas drop like flies, one by one, because we can't save them. And why? Because we won't make the touch call and end DeVoe when we get the chance," Ralph told them off.

"I'm not doing this again," Barry muttered.

"Okay, Ralph," Kara sternly said, and he looked at her, "I know where you're coming from, but that is not the tough call, that is the wrong one."

"Oh, Mr. and Mrs. STAR Labs agree, how shocking," Ralph muttered, causing Kara and Barry both to send him annoyed looks, "I swear if I was running this team-"

"But you're not-"

"Alright, that's enough!" Kara snapped, "We don't have time to argue. We need to focus and stick to the plan. Find DeVoe, hit him with the scepter, and put him in the Pipeline. No one has to die."

"Huh," Ralph muttered, softly chuckling ironically, "...same plan again. And you wonder why he's always ahead of us," he then walked off, leaving the two standing there annoyed.

———

In Cisco's Workshop, Cisco was busy...gluing together a plane while talking obnoxiously loud in a Scottish pirate accent, "I cannot do it any faster, Captain! If I apply anymore hobby glue, this ship is gonna blow!" He then began laughing to himself before looking at the glue in his hand, "Wow. This glue's really something else. I should probably wear a respirator."

Suddenly, Cisco violently flinched when he heard items harshly clatter behind him. He turned around to find it was Harry, looking through Cisco's things, pushing items to the ground — clearly looking for something. "Where is it?" He asked.

"Where's what? The exit? It's right behind you, please and thank you," Cisco said right as Harry threw something over his shoulder.