fury rogue

"Moving on doesn't mean that you forget about things. It just means you have to accept what happened and continue living."
————————————————————————

Just a couple days after Ralph had died, Harry was standing in the Time Vault again, his back facing Gideon while his cap was plugged in. He was sternly staring at his cap, not believing what Gideon had told him. "Again," he said.

"Doctor Wells, the odds of a different conclusion are extremely low."

"Run it again," Harry demanded as he faced the AI.

"Yes, Doctor Wells."

Harry stepped forward and a scanner from the pedestal covered his brain, sending his waves into the AI's system, which then showed the results to him.

"Same results, Doctor Wells. The excessive infusion of dark matter into your neural system has disrupted the area of the brain where general intelligence and executive function occur."

"My ability to integrate new information is declining," Harry realized before scoffing, "I'm losing my intelligence."

"At some point soon you need to relearn everything you've ever known."

"Is there a way to use the thinking cap to reverse this process?" Harry asked, looking back at the cap.

"Unlikely, Doctor Wells. Your thinking cap and the dark matter is what caused this. I tried to caution restraint—"

"I know!" Harry snapped, looking back at the AI, but gathered himself, trying to control his anger, "Gideon, how long before everything I know is gone?"

Doctor Sharon Finkel's Office

Meanwhile, Kara and Barry were sitting on the therapist's couch, across from where Doctor Sharon Finkel sat, her notebook in hand. Kara was sitting up straight, a cooperative attitude while Barry was leaned back into the couch, a numb like expression on him. Anyone could tell he was hurting — badly.

"It's only been a couple days since he died, but it still doesn't feel...real. Doesn't feel right," Kara told their therapist.

"How close were you with Ralph?" Sharon asked.

"We were becoming close," Kara said before she softly smiled, thinking back on all her memories with Ralph, "It took me a while to see past the things that I didn't like when we first met, but after a while, I started to see what a good person he was. Started to see the hero that he became."

"You consider him a hero?" Sharon asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, I do," Kara told her.

"What about you, Barry?" Sharon asked, looking at him, along with Kara, immediately seeing him tense up, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine," Barry assured, "I mean, you know, I'm working through it."

"So you weren't as close to him as Kara was?" Sharon asked.

"No, I mean, we were about the same, I'd say," Barry said.

"They used to work together," Kara told Sharon, leaning back a bit into the couch.

"Oh?"

"Yeah."

"And you're fine already? With his death?" Sharon asked.

"I've dealt with a lot of death in my life," Barry said.

"Yes, you have. Your mother, father, Eddie, Ronnie, H.R...has Ralph's death had any impact on you at all?" Sharon asked.