legion of superheroes

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
- George Bernard Shaw
————————————————————————

The morning sun filled the bedroom, which caused Kara to slowly flutter her eyes open. But when she reached over towards Barry, she was surprised to find he wasn't there. She fully opened her eyes, sitting up, confused as to why she was alone.

Where's Barry?

But before she could think of anything else, she heard someone knock at her door. So she quickly got up, walked out of her room, down the stairs of her loft, then opened her front door to be met with a — blue man. He looked at her almost surprised, utterly in shock to see her. "It's you."

"Can I help you?" Kara asked.

"Now you're talking to me," he said, feeling as though he might freak. But he didn't. "Supergirl is talking to me."

Quickly, Kara grabbed his arm, pulling him inside the loft. "Inside. Now."

He walked into the living room while she closed the door, and he admired the living place without actually saying anything. "I am Brainiac-5," he introduced once she walked into the living room as well. "Half-computer, half-organic lifeform, all Coluan, and not to brag, but a 12th-level intellect," But Kara just stared at him confused. "My name is Querl Dox, but the Legionnaires just call me Brainy."

"Legionnaires?" Kara questioned at Brainy walked deeper into the living room, examining all the nice things. "Did Mon-El send you?"

"Yes, yes. To make sure that your neural pathways are clear and intact. Your brain is in truly remarkable health for someone languishing in a coma," Brainy told her, but she was even more confused.

"Uh, I'm sorry, did you say coma?" She asked and he looked at her.

"Mmm, did I bury the lede?" He asked. "You've been in a coma for two days."

"I'm in my loft," she said.

"Oh. You mean the physical manifestation of the place in which your subconscious feels most confused? That loft?" Brainy asked as he walked past her, and towards the door.

"If I'm in a coma," Kara said, looking back at him. "How are you here?"

"Mon-El woke me up from hyper sleep to communicate with you on behalf of him and your DEO compatriots. 31st century technology. It's also what's keeping you alive," Brainy explained.

"Alive?" Kara questioned.

"Reign defeated you," Brainy said, in a quite obvious tone. "Don't you remember?"

Slowly, everything began to come together. The fight. Being plunged down. On the debts of death. Barry failing to catch her in time. Barry crying with her in his arms. Alex operating on her. "Stay with me, Kara, stay with me—"

"No," Kara said, shaking the thoughts out of her head. "This is crazy. This...Reign is still out there. P...People are dying, I have to wake up."

She then ran for the door as Brainy looked unsure. "I don't think you're listening to me," he said as he followed her. But when he turned the corner, he found her hands gripped around the door knob, pulling and crushing. Nothing was working. "Can we just, maybe, relax a little bit?"

"Damn it! It won't open!" She yelled before facing Brainy, panting and gasping, while keeping her back against the door.

——— ~ ❉᯽❉ ~ ———