lose yourself

"When death takes my hand, I will hold you with the other, and promise to find you in every lifetime."
- rupi kaur
————————————————————————

In Central City one morning, Barry and Kara found themselves in a junkyard, following Ralph towards a big blue transportation bus. The one that started the big mess. "Good old CCTA, bus number 405, where I was gifted with pretty much the best powers ever. If it wasn't for this old girl, I'd still have to leave the couch when I need to use the bathroom," Ralph said before glancing back at the two, "You know, because I can-"

"Yes, I know, Ralph," Kara muttered as Ralph turned back towards in front of him, "Gross."

Once the three stepped into the bus, Barry pulled out tablets from his bag, passing them out to everyone, "Alright, this might be our last chance to find my clues on the final bus meta before DeVoe catches him," he said before the three began to scan for heat signatures with the tablets for dark matter.

"Yeah, and we know what happens next," Ralph said, walking towards the end of the bus while Kara stayed by Barry, "What do we know about this meta?"

"Other than his name, Edwin Gauss, nothing," Barry told him.

"It's like he disappeared," Kara added.

"Well, that explains the brand new, beepy, flashy schmience thingies," Ralph said.

"Yeah, Cisco designed these scanners to look for dark matter anomalies, do anything that looks weird, alright? Waves, ripples, whatever, log it," Barry told them.

As they continued to scan the bus with the tablets, Ralph suddenly stopped when— "Ho!" He exclaimed causing the two to look back to him to see he picked up something, "My Big Belly punch card," Barry and Kara rolled their eyes before slowly heading for the start of the bus again, "I'm only five away from a free kids mean, if I even live long enough to use it."

"Man, don't even joke like that," Barry said, looking back at him before back at the work in hand, "We're gonna get DeVoe, throw him in The Pipeline, long before he gets to you."

"Everything's going to be fine," Kara assured, looking back to her tablet.

"Right. If that doesn't work, we'll just, uh, take him out the other way," Ralph said, though Barry or Kara didn't look back at him for this comment.

"What other way?" Barry asked.

"Eh, we'll put him down with a shovel," Ralph said, immediately causing the two to look his way, "Give him his harp and wings, send him to visit Grandma Thinker in the sky."

Barry and Kara in sync gave Ralph a look, the both of them crinkling their eyes in concern, "Ralph," Barry started and Ralph looked back at them, "You think we're gonna kill DeVoe?"

"The way that you're saying that makes me think I'm supposed to say no," Ralph said and Kara shot him an annoyed look as Barry placed his hand on Ralph's shoulder.

"Okay, look, I've taught you a lot about being a hero, right? You ready for what's probably the most important lesson?" Barry asked.

"We don't kill," Kara cut in.

"Why not? You guys have," Ralph said and Kara narrowed her eyes at him in a glare.

"That was a different situation, a decision made in the moment, not planning up to it," Barry told him, "For people with our abilities, there's just always another way. You understand?"

Ralph slowly nodded as Barry slowly smiled until Ralph looked back at him, a silly smile on him, "Han, you complete me," he said and Kara rolled her eyes before walking away from the boys while Ralph held out his arms for a hug, "Bring it in, man. Come on."