dark side of the moon

"I missed you for too long, in too many ways, that it became just another part of me; engraved deeper into my heart with the passing of time. I would wake up, stretch, breathe, and miss you. They told me to let it go, to let you go, and I would say: 'You cannot simply will your heart to stop beating, that no matter how long you hold your breath for, you cannot hold it forever, and I could only stop missing you, if I stopped being myself entirely'."
- e.h
————————————————————————

They didn't know where exactly they were, but they did know wherever they were, it was beautiful so far out. It was quiet. It was peaceful.

The ship was light jumping, multiple stars zooming past them, and gazing out on them, Supergirl felt so relaxed — so at ease.

"I always forget how beautiful it is this far out in space," she murmured, quiet enough for just Barry to hear. He glanced over at his wife, a small smile to his face in adoration, "It's perfect. Out here, with just you, I don't have to pretend. I can just be me."

Though the cockpit and the back seats were far apart, Mon-El had still caught the last part that the heroine said. How comfortable she could be, when it was just her and Barry. Feeling a sense of familiarity, the Daxamite glanced over to Iris, who sat in the next seat over, resting her eyes for a moment until they reached their destination.

He softly smiled at her before his attention was pulled towards the cockpit again when the console chimed. This pulled Iris to open her eyes as well, looking at the cockpit with him.

"We're coming up on it," Barry said before the ship abruptly stopped, floating before what was supposed to be the meteorite. But it looked more like a...city. A planet. A community.

The four stared at it confused as Kara said, "What is that?"

"I thought this was a meteorite," Iris said.

"We did too," Barry said before suddenly, something beamed out from the planet, colliding with their ship.

Loud gasps left their lips as the ship beeped rapidly, them realizing what hit them, "It's a tractor beam," Mon said.

"Everything's locked up," Kara said, pressing buttons on the ship to try and move but to no avail, "Thrusters, roll...Yaw and pitch. Nothing's responding."

Barry and everyone else looked concerned, not sure what to do when Kara suddenly blurted out an idea, "Wait, what if we're not us?"

Barry, along with Mon-El and Iris looked at her as he asked, "What?"

"This ship can turn into other things," she said and a chuckled smile appeared on Barry's lips once he caught on.

"Cisco's gonna so mad he missed this," he muttered before the Kara pressed a few buttons, turning them into a crashing asteroid.

When their ship landed on the 'meteorite', they had found themselves in a forest where their ship was parked. Out in the distance, they saw a huge city, once past the forest, which utterly shocked them, "There's an entire city here. How did we miss this?" Kara asked as Barry stressfully combed through his wetted hair with his fingers.

"We're on our own," He said.

"And powerless," Kara added.

"Well..." he muttered, looking at his wife, "Not all of us."