place your head

At the J'onzz apartment, the father and son continued to stare out at the blue light surrounding them, as memories that Myr'nn experienced, and his father before him, and his father before him, and so on had experienced as well, "How does it feel, my son, to know how all of the million moves on the Ok'Rock'Tock board?" Myr'nn asked.

"Enlighten, Father," J'onn smiled.

"Just don't share them with your imaginary friend, Zook," Myr'nn said before laughing as the memory of the charades game came into the memories.

"Zook, Zook! It was Zook!"

Then the karaoke memories came through, and the memory when J'onn showed Myr'nn their apartment for the first time.

"What are these empty rooms for?"

"We could make this our...home."

As more recent memories of the father and son came through, Myr'nn looked across the way to find a sad frown on his son's face, "These are happy memories. They should make you happy," he said as the blue light faded away.

"And they do, Father," J'onn said, "But they also remind me how much I'm going to miss you. Every moment that passes between us brings us closer to that eventuality."

"By the end of this, you will not feel loss, J'onn. You will feel complete. I promise," Myr'nn assured.

"How do you know?" J'onn asked.

"Because I know the hole that comes with not doing this, the way I felt when your mother was taken from me, when you were taken from me," Myr'nn explained to him, "Be patient, my son. Let the memories fill you up as they have filled me up," and the blue substance surrounded them once more as J'onn closed his eyes, trying to feel them fill inside his head, just as his father told him.

SPACE — Argo, Argo City

In Zor-El's lab, Mon-El and Barry continued to stand by the portal and the transmitter that connected to it while the girls stood on the other side of the room, talking to each other. They were trying to fix the transmitter together when Winn's voice came through a comm system,

"Okay. So we should really be able to talk now."

"We just need a few minutes to route the power from Argo's main grid," Mon said.

"Okay. Do you see a multi-phase descrambler which links to a power source?"

Mon-El glanced around until he spotted it, "Uh, yeah, but the insulator is cracked. Which means as soon as we go through the portal, the circuits will fry, which makes it a one-way trip," he said.

"Oh, hey, I mean, at least you don't really have any need to go back to Argo City. In fact, I'm surprised that you're still there. I thought you were gonna call the Legion and go straight back to the the future—"

"Whoa, what?" Barry asked, his voice lowered so the girls wouldn't hear, "You're going back? I thought you stayed behind for Iris, I thought..."

Mon-El looked at him nervously, then glanced back at Iris to make sure she didn't hear. Which she didn't, "I don't know how to tell her...I was going to...but then..." Mon told Barry, who looked at him curiously, "I was going to call the Legion, Winn. But then, the time beacon broke, and Kara and Barry ran into some trouble, so I decided to stay back..."

"Mmm-hmm. Always the hero."

"Yeah," Mon muttered, his head dropping a moment, all his thoughts focused on Iris, "I lost Iris once, Winn. I'm not sure I can do it again."