shelter from the storm

"The truth always comes out in the end, no matter how hard anyone tries to hide it or stop it. Lies are just a temporary delay to the inevitable."
————————————————————————

That same day, looking over the morning sun in National City, Lena stood in her hotel room, her hair down, makeup free, in a red silky robe when suddenly James walked up behind her. His shirt was unbuttoned, and tie in hand. He wrapped his arms around her as she took his tie. He gazed out the big windows as Lena smiled, feeling content, "And I thought I had a nice view from my office," he said and Lena grinned more before turning to him.

"I like waking up with you," she said before placing his tie around him, pulling him closer to her.

After kissing, Lena began to adjust James' tie, buttoning up his shirt, then wrapping the tie for him as he glanced around the hotel room, "Ever think about getting your own place?" He asked, "I mean, you're kinda slumming it here at the moment."

"When I first moved to National City, I didn't know if I was gonna stay. Lex was in prison, the company was in shambles. I didn't know if I was gonna put down roots, settle down, in case the city rejected me," Lena explained.

"Well, it's been two years," James said, leaning down, pressing a kiss on her, "I think it's safe to say that you can sign your own lease."

"Even with Supergirl thinking the worst of me?" Lena asked.

"What does she know?" James asked and Lena chuckled before they kissed again.

"Asking you to spy on me?" Lena asked.

"What do I know?" James asked and they both chuckled, before just gazing at each other.

"I'm really glad I can tell you my secrets now," Lena softly said.

"Of course, you can. Me, too," James said, his tone just as soft.

The two were about to kiss again when—

CRASH!

The window of the room completely shattered, and the two quickly backed away from the glass as Reign floated in, landing inside the hotel, "Where is the child?!" She ordered as James's shield popped up over his arm as Lena backed up, "Where's Ruby Arias?!"

Lena ran off behind her as Reign shoved James out of the way. She then strutted towards Lena, who had turned back towards her, holding what seemed like a spray bottle, "Where is she—"

Lena pressed down on the button, and a large green substance sprayed out of it, hitting Reign right in the face, causing her to stumble back as green veins covered her skin, "You'll never find her!" Lena told her.

Groaning, Reign quickly turned, flying out of the hotel through the broken window.

Iris's Apartment

Iris and Ruby were sitting around the island, the both of them enjoying bowls of cereal, while the news played in the background. This was their routine:

Wake up at 7 AM, get dressed, eat breakfast while watching the news, get Ruby to school by 8 AM, Iris gets to work by 9 AM. Usually, Ruby's nanny, Mrs. Queller, gets her from school since Iris doesn't get out of work till at least 5 pm. Depending on the situation, Mrs. Queller would take Ruby back to Iris's apartment and stay there with her until Iris got home. But if Iris happened to be helping Supergirl and The Flash, for her own safety, Mrs. Queller would take Ruby to a secret location only Iris, Lena, Ruby, and Mrs. Queller knew about. Not even Iris's team knew. It was for Ruby's protection. The less people know, the better.