kiss me under the light

PSA: I know people have opinions about guns. I know people like them, and people don't like them. But let me make one thing clear, I do not CARE about your opinion if you are to comment something about '2nd Amendment Rights'. I. Do. Not. Care. This is a fanfiction, not your Facebook wall. Keep your opinion for someone who actually cares. And if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I am not looking for a political war in my comment section over the episode you are about to read. I saw someone once comment at the very beginning of this book that they didn't really like season 3 of Supergirl because it was too 'political'. If you don't like it, then don't read my book. Trust me, I will be perfectly fine. So now, I hope you can enjoy the episode.
— e

tw: gun violence / misuse of guns

Back on Earth, it was the day after Kara, Barry, Mon-El, and Iris left for Argo, and National City was quiet. Boring quiet. Dully quiet. At least for now.

Guardian was pacing around a back alleyway, fumbling with a basketball, bored, when he spoke into his comms, "Nothing? There's nothing going on?"

"Nada. Not even a jaywalker."

"How did Supergirl do this on quiet nights?" Guardian asked.

"Yeah, she would stay home."

"Oh, yeah, right, the luxury of super hearing," Guardian muttered before he threw the basketball back, making the shot without looking while Winn chuckled on comms.

"Yeah, right? At least during the slow days, Iris would be here to entertain us. But I guess dealing with the slow days is just all a part of learning to do things without her."

"You think Iris is gonna stay with Kara?" Guardian asked.

"I don't know, man, I just...I got a feeling that we're gonna be seeing a lot less of her — well, let's call it a day, shall we?"

Guardian had froze where he was, when he heard officers yelling out in the distance, "Hold on, I thought I heard something."

"Uh-oh, there's a bank around the corner."

And just like that, Guardian ran off.

In the bank's parking garage, a man ran down the stairs, practically zooming past the cars, as a police officer ran down the stairs as well, chasing after him.

"Stop!"

The man was holding a bag next to him, keeping it close to him as he continued running through the garage and the officer pursuing after him, "I said stop right there!"

Suddenly, the man slowly turned around, facing the officer, but revealed that he didn't have a bag on him. But a gun. A rifle. He pointed the rifle at officer, who stared at it shocked.

Right before the trigger was pulled, releasing multiple shots of large bullets, Guardian came just in time, shoving the officer to the ground, which was behind a car. Guardian then held up his shield, right as the bullets began shooting at it, ricochetted off the shield. But the power an the force of the bullets were so large, it caused Guardian to be slowly pushed back while he still composed his balance.

The shooter paused for a moment, causing Guardian to flip over next to the officer to get to safety. The shooting started again, hitting the car windows of the car they were behind. But when the shooting stopped again, Guardian glanced over his shoulder, looking through the broken windows, he found the shooter was gone.

He sighed in relief before looking at the officer, "You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah," he muttered, "Thanks."