wake up

"One of the hardest things in life is watching the person you love, love someone else."
- unknown
————————————————————————

One morning, Winn walked into a corridor of the DEO, where he found Myr'nn J'onzz wondering around the building, confused. "Hi, Mr. J," Winn said and Myr'nn looked at him. "You, uh, looking for something?"

"I would like to find the b'rahh alcom," Myr'nn said.

"Oh! Oh. You know, I've been brushing up on my Martian, b'rahh. Library! No. Bathroom," Winn said and Myr'nn nodded.

"To relieve myself," he said.

"You don't know where it is? Haven't you been here for like three weeks?" Winn asked.

"And four days. Precisely," Myr'nn said.

"Uh, yeah. It's down the hall, around the corner, third door to your left. We really should put up signs," Winn said.

"May I go?" Myr'nn asked and Winn just stared at him oddly.

"Yeah," Winn said.

"Thank you!" Myr'nn excitedly exclaimed before running off to the bathroom.

"Okay," Winn muttered before he started to walk out of the corridor he was in.

———

J'onn was standing in the main area of the DEO, when Winn suddenly walked up to him. "Shut down those systems so there's no possibility of infiltration," J'onn told an agent.

"Um, boss," Winn said and J'onn looked at him. "Hey, can I chat with you for like a hot sec?"

"A hot sec?" J'onn asked.

"Oh, my God. Never mind. Listen, your dad just asked me for permission to use the bathroom," Winn said.

"Yeah, well, he's still getting used to things around here," J'onn said.

"Sure. But it was kinda like the way he said it. Like he was a prisoner or something," Winn said.

"Well, he was a prisoner for over three-hundred years," J'onn said.

"Exactly why I think that you might wanna take him out. Like into the non-DEO world," Winn said.

"I run a complex and highly sensitive government operation here," J'onn said.

"Yeah, yeah, fine," Winn said and then Supergirl flew in. With Iris. Winn and J'onn looked back, the both of them surprised to see Iris with Supergirl. In the DEO. "Iris!" Winn explained happily and Iris smiled. "You're here! I can't believe you're actually here-"

"Winn?" Supergirl intervened and Winn looked at her. "I got your message."

"Yes. Yes. Of course. Sorry," Winn said before he ran over to some computers, and they all followed him. "So, I'm not really quite sure what to make of it, but I thought you guys should see this. This is an incident that happened this morning."

"What is it?" Iris asked.

"So, the city sent out an exploratory team to investigate the effects of the submarine attack, and you can see that they found something strange in the bedrock, so they went to check it out," Winn explained before he pulled up a video, which was of a metallic wall, that fired on the exploratory team.

"And...It got attacked," J'onn said.

"Yep. I mean, luckily, their emergency systems kicked in and they made it to the surface, but they could have easily just been taken out," Winn said.