luck to be a lady

"When you start having bad luck, there isn't an end to it"
- Mario Vargas Llosa
————————————————————————

In a dark place, with lights flashing by violently, Cisco hid behind a wall, holding onto a blaster. "Barry!" He yelled out desperately. "Where are you?!"

"I don't know," Barry said from his hiding spot. "I lost Caitlin. There's too many of them, man."

"No, you can take them. Just listen to me. You just need to do one thing. Run, Barry. Run!" Cisco yelled out.

Barry suddenly jumped out from his hiding spot, and started blasting at what was in front of him, wearing a laser tag vest. He yelled out in victory until his vest blared in defeat. "Oh, come on!" Barry yelled in annoyance as three kids shot him multiple times in front of him. "They got me."

"Oh, you have failed this city," Cisco said before he ran out, screaming, but before he could do anything, he got hit. He looked down at his vest confused until Barry pointed up, for Cisco to see a kid on the higher ground. "For real, Chad? In the back?" 

"Suck it, old man," Chad said.

"Oh!"
"Oh!"

Right then, Caitlin and Mon-El came running up to them, the two of them still yet to get hit. "Wait, did you guys die already?" Caitlin asked.

"Dudes, it's been like, ten minutes," Mon said.

"Well, Chad-" Cisco said, pointing up at the kid, causing Caitlin and Mon to look up as well.

"He just told us-" Barry said before he scoffed. "Come on. Come on."

Barry then walked off as Cisco pointed at Chad again. "I don't know what's wrong with kids these days. Churlish." Cisco then followed Barry off and Mon pointed his blaster, hitting Chad with one tigger.

"HA!" He exclaimed before he and Caitlin ran out.

———

Outside of the arcade, Cisco, Barry, Caitlin and Mon-El sat at a nearby table where Kara was waiting for them, and Joe, Cecile and Iris were getting food.

But when they all got settled down, sitting next to Kara, Chad and his friends walked out of the arcade. "You better watch yourself, Chad," Cisco threatened and Chad glared his eyes. "Come at me at the paintball field next time. I'll kick your little-" But then Chad's mother walked out and Cisco started laughing. "Hey! Mrs. McConnell. How you doing? Chad's a treasure. He really is."

Right then, Joe, Iris and Cecile turned back around, facing the table, their hands full of food. "Pretzel for Caitlin," Joe said as he handed the food for the girl. "Corn dog for Iris."

"Two franks for Cisco," Iris said.

"Yes, thank you," Cisco said as he took it from her.

"And four burgers, five churros and six funnel cakes for Kara and Barry," Iris said before she placed all the food in front of the couple. But she was caught off guard, to see Mon sitting with them, that she almost tripped. But Mon? He just smiled up at her, almost cocky. "Mon-El," Barry and Kara started digging in as Iris and Mon continued to stare at each other. "What are you doing here?"

"Hi, Iris," Mon said and Iris tensed up. She had so many thoughts but couldn't form any words.

"Look at all of this junk," Cecile suddenly said, not realizing she saved everyone from a very awkward encounter. "Guys, I'm really sorry. If the pipes in the house weren't making this weird, annoying sound, I would have just actually had you all over for dinner."