run, kara, run

"And though her heart is soft, her soul was laced with steel"
- Lauren M. Garcia
————————————————————————

1:01 AM

Cisco and Harry were the only ones of the team awake. Cisco was clearly sleep deprived while he spun around in a chair, balancing a wireless keyboard on his head, while Harry stood at the consoles, sipping on a cup of coffee. "What if- What if I just, like, breach all three of the bus metas to, like, Earth-2?" Cisco asked.

"How about this? We alter each bus meta's DNA by performing intercellular surgery," Harry told him.

"And what? Turn them into chickens?" Cisco asked, a goofy smile on him.

"Yeah," Harry said, which Cisco looked at him, causing the keyboard to drop into his lap.

"We're not Frankensteining innocent people," he said.

"Listen, Ramon," Harry said as he walked around the console, facing Cisco, "DeVoe wants these bodies. Alright? Maybe if we change the bodies, we keep these people safe."

"I'm sorry, don't you have, like, six PhDs?" Cisco asked.

"Seven," Harry corrected.

"Yeah, which one of them is in mad science?" Cisco asked and Harry rolled his eyes.

"Mad science is just an area of study. It's not a degree, okay?" Harry said as he walked back behind the console, "And by the way, I don't see you coming up with any other ideas."

"You know why? Cause it's bed time over here on Earth-1," Cisco said before he got up from his seat, beginning to walk over to Harry, "Do you know what bed time is? Do they have that on Earth-2?"

"Bed time," Harry muttered annoyed.

"Alright, it's this thing where we just shut down to recharge our batteries. I highly recommend it," Cisco said, now standing at the entrance of the cortex, looking back at Harry who continued to press things on the screens of the console.

Cisco then walked up behind Harry, trying to see what he was doing, "Harry-"

"You're still here?" Harry asked, placing his coffee mug down, "What?"

"No matter what you think, DeVoe's already thought of it. So why don't you just go home, recharge, start again in the morning, all right?" Cisco said.

"I'm gonna keep going," Harry said, continuing to press buttons.

Cisco then sighed annoyed, "Goodnight," and he walked out of the cortex.

Harry pressed across the screen and a picture of Clifford DeVoe appeared. "Maybe you have thought of everything," he murmured, thinking to himself before pressing across the screen again, a picture of Harrison Wells coming next to the DeVoe picture, "Just like Thawne."

———

The next morning, Barry, Kara, Iris, Cisco, Caitlin and Ralph all stood in the cortex, staring at a sleep deprived crazied Harry who stood before multiple boards full of equations. It all showed them his idea. A thinking cap.

"What is all this?" Iris asked.

"This is gonna give us the edge we finally need to be smarter than DeVoe. Or me to be smarter than DeVoe, actually. Take a look at this," Harry explained before showing them another board of more equations, but this time — an illustration.