and all of the lights will lead

Sitting in a therapist's office, waiting on their therapist, Kara and Barry fiddled around with their fingers, in almost awkward silence.

Suddenly, Barry noticed a newspaper on the table, with none other than his dear friend, Oliver Queen, as the front page: MAYOR QUEEN IS THE GREEN ARROW.

He looked back at Kara confused, who caught him looking at it. "Later," she whispered, and then the door of the office opened. In walked an older dark blonde-haired woman, and Kara and Barry looked at her, suddenly smiling. "Hi. Kara?" The woman said before she approached the two, shaking Kara's hand. "Hi. Barry?" She then shook Barry's.

"Hello."

"Hi, I'm Doctor Sharon Finkel. I'm so sorry I kept you waiting," she said before she quickly walked back to her desk, grabbing her notepad.

"Oh, no, no. It's fine. Thank you for squeezing us in," Kara said before Sharon walked back over, and sat down across from them.

"Oh, well, you made it sound so urgent on the phone," Sharon said, and Kara's breath hitched up as Barry looked at her.

"No," Kara let out as she nervously laughed. "No, not urgent. I'm excited to dive in. Right?"

"Oh, absolutely," Barry said before he looked back at Sharon. "I love therapy."

"Oh. Have you been before?" Sharon asked.

"Just once, when I was a kid, after my mom died," Barry shortly explained.

"Oh, your mom," Sharon said before she clicked her pen open and started writing down on her pad.

"Oh, but I'm okay with that," Barry said and Sharon looked up at him. "I mean, I'm not okay with it, obviously. I mean, I'd prefer that she was alive. I just meant that I've already dealt with it- is- I don't think it's worth writing down."

"These notes are just for me. No one is judging you guys," Sharon said before she wrote something else down.

"Yes, we know," Kara said before she nervously laughed.

"Oh, my dad died too," Barry added before sheepishly laughing. "Just for your notes."

He looked back at Kara to see that she was forcing a small smile so much, that he didn't know if she was going to explode or not. "So, Barry," Sharon suddenly said, pulling the couple back to her. "Kara filled me in a little bit about the two of you on the phone before. Getting married?"

Barry looked back at Kara again, smiling, to now see her smiling normally. "Yeah," Kara said before she giggled. "Yeah, it's been a long road getting here."

"Mm-hmm," Barry hummed.

"First, um, meeting, five years ago," Kara started.

"On the street," Barry added and Kara nervously laughed.

"Not as bad as it seems," she quickly covered. "He's a CSI, and I'm a reporter. We met at a crime scene — that's...that's it."

"But then I was in a coma for nine months," Barry added.

"Yeah, and I was actually dating someone else," Kara also added. Barry, almost jealous, twitched his eyebrows when Sharon wrote that part down.

"Oh, okay. That's worth a write-down?" Barry asked before he nervously sighed. "He actually mentally abused her, is that-"

"Barry," Kara muttered, slightly smacking his hand.

"You two have had to deal with a lot of trauma," Sharon said.

"Well-" Barry started. "No, not a-" "

Adam left town eventually, but I'd say yeah. Eddie and Ronnie, they're dead," Kara said.