you were lying next to me

♪ I will always ♪

♪ Come back to you ♪

♪ Even in the mean time I will always standby ♪

♪ A mirror on the shelf ♪

♪ Call you in the night time ♪

♪ Call you in the day time ♪

♪ Canvas up to you ♪

Kara, Barry, Joe, Iris, Wally, Cecile, Alex, J'onn, Eliza, Clark, Sara, Mick, Cisco, Caitlin, Harry, Jax, Clarissa, Lily, Oliver, Felicity, Emma and Peter were all hanging at CC Jitters for the rehearsal dinner. They were talking amongst each other, excited for the big day, when an unexpected guest arrived.

Mon-El.

When he did, Iris looked at him enter the room, and when he saw her, maybe it was the music or maybe it was the event, but Mon swore everything just slowed down. He knows he shouldn't think like that because right back at the DEO was his wife. But he couldn't help that ever since he came back, Iris always consumed his thoughts.

Iris huffed before walking up to him, pushing her finger into his chest angrily. "What are you doing here?"

"I was invited," Mon dully said.

"Yeah, and I told you not to come," Iris lectured.

"And the wedding is for my best friend and yours," Mon argued and Iris eyed him tensely. "I'm not gonna not come." But Iris huffed once more before walking off, heading towards the second floor of the coffee shop.

Meanwhile at the buffet, Cisco walked up to it to find Mick already there. "I never pegged you as a wedding guy."

"I never pass up on a free buffet," Mick said before he looked at Cisco, and took the beer in his hand. "Or an open bar." Cisco looked annoyed as Mick walked away, passing Caitlin as he did. "Sorry, didn't I try and kidnap you, once?"

"Yes. And I wouldn't try that again," Caitlin said, walking away from him.

At the coffee counter, was Alex, pouring a glass of scotch when Sara walked up to her. The blonde watched as Alex dunked down her shot, and obviously knew something was up. "Somebody who drinks like that is looking to make something go away," Sara said and Alex looked at her.

"Yeah, well-" she started but she watched as Sara pour herself a shot and dunk it down. "And what are you looking to make go away?"

"Nothing. I just like the taste of scotch," Sara said and Alex smiled a little.

"Fair enough," she said before pouring another shot. "I just called off my engagement."

"Ooh."

"Yeah. So being here...really brings up a lot."

"What, did you catch him cheating?" Sara asked.

"Uh-uh. Her," Alex corrected and Sara immediately looked at her, her blue eyes gazing on the brunette. "It wasn't anything like that. We just wanted different things, you know? Wish I had realized that sooner. Had to make a break for it before later came around."

"So, let me guess, being at the rehearsal dinner for the world's most perfect couple is probably the last place that you wanna be," Sara said and Alex nodded before chuckling awkwardly.

"And the bride is my sister," Alex added and Sara nodded. "To making things go away," Sara said before the two clinked glasses.

"And loving the taste of scotch," Alex added.