of a thousand stars

Mon-El slowly walked into the cortex from the Med Lab, finding Barry sitting behind the console. The alien had a stern look, with his arms crossed, "You figure it out?" He asked and Barry looked back at him for a moment before back to the screen.

"No, I-I shut down the generator. I can save the hostages, but DeVoe still gets away, and then, you know," Barry said.

"Actually, I meant," Mon began, walking out in front of the console, facing Barry, "Have you figured out why you've completely lost your mind?"

Barry looked up at Mon-El, a confused expression on him, "Look, I'm sorry. I'm just—"

"You're just trying to keep them safe. I know. It's starting to feel real familiar coming from you," Mon said.

"They're not ready to use Flash Time. Not like that," Barry said.

"They will be ready if you train them," Mon argued.

"It takes more than ten hours to learn Super Speed, okay? Not all of us are born with it just because of the sun. They could die out there," Barry argued back.

"And if you don't take them with us, they'll die anyway. They're brains get wiped, and that's it. That's the end of the world," Mon said.

"No!" Barry snapped, "Loosing my best friends and it being my fault— That's the end of my world!" And Mon-El stared down at him tensed, "You may think it's worth it, but I couldn't live with myself."

"Barry..." Mon sternly said, "You cannot sideline your team because of what happened to him," and he pointed at Ralph's picture on the bus meta board.

"I don't need another therapist," Barry said, getting up from his seat, beginning to leave the room.

"We all lost someone, okay? But that never gives us an excuse to shut each other out," Mon said as Barry turned back to him while Caitlin and Cisco stepped out of the Med Lab, watching the two argue.

"I said drop it, alright?" Barry said.

"You think you're the only one who feels bad about Ralph dying?" Mon asked.

"Guys..."

"You know, he came to see me at Iron Heights?" Barry said, walking up to Mon-El, "He told me he was afraid. He warned me he wasn't ready. But I pushed him anyway. I said go back out there and do my job. My burden," and right then, Kara, Harry, and Iris walked in together, confused expressions as to why Barry and Mon-El were arguing.

"We made the bus metas. We have Ralph his powers. You wanna talk about burdens? DeVoe didn't start his evil twisted plan until I got here, that I'm somehow a part of it, that he needs me. If I never came back here, there would be no plan," Mon told him and Barry scoffed, "Cisco? He shot the bazooka that opened the Speed Force. Caitlin, she figured out the math and science to keep the Speed Force from opening back up. We all have burdens, and we don't keep those with us so you can stand here and tell me you're going to save the world alone again."

"I-I know that," Barry stammered, as Kara stared at him with worried eyes, "And I know we're running out of time and...I can't do this by myself, but...Everybody I've tried to teach has ended up wore than when I found them."

"And what about Ralph? Was he worse?" Mon asked and Barry hesitated, "You taught him that when his back was against the wall and the world was ending around him he could always make the choice. Make the choice to be a hero. Your team deserve that same choice. All they need is someone to show us how."

Barry sighed before glancing over at Caitlin and Cisco, "You guys really want to do this?" He asked.

"It's not a burden if we shoulder it together," Caitlin softly said and Barry hesitantly nodded.