the start of a new beginning

On the Legion's Ship, Winn sat the moving chair, trying to get ahold of it, but he accidentally started rolling out of control, "Ah! Hey, incoming, incoming!" The chair had stopped when Mon-El suddenly held his hand out, turning off the hologram in front of him while Iris slightly chuckled, "The future's gonna be a steep learning curve."

He then looked over at Mon-El and Iris who smiled down at him, "But I'm glad I'll be doing with you guys."

"Me, too, Winn," Iris said before the two fist bumped.

CatCo Worldwide Media

As the evening slowly came over the city, James and Lena were sitting on a couch in his office, laughing with each other before clinking their drinks together, "To saving the world," she said.

"Hear, hear," James said before he phone started ringing, "Mmm. Excuse me," he placed his drink down before picking the phone up, "Yeah...Oh, I have a comment — I'm the Guardian."

Barry and Kara's Apartment

That night, the couple sat in their pajamas, eating pizza that Barry went and got from Coast City, and watched the news together, utterly focused and shocked:

"We can now confirm that CatCo's very own James Olsen is Guardian."

"Damn," Barry muttered as Kara turned the TV off, absolutely stunned.

"He did it," she murmured as Barry looked over at her.

"What about Winn and Iris joining the Legion?" Barry asked and Kara chuckled, "And Iris and Mon-El getting married? I never really imagined it. Even though they've been destiny from the start..."

Kara smiled before she asked, "Do you think he'll make them new suits?"

"Absolutely," Barry said and she laughed, "And she and Imra will boss everyone around, and not take no for an answer."

"I wouldn't expect anything less," Kara said before she sighed, "I still can't get over J'onn. Following in his father's footsteps. Leaving the DEO. That I did not see that coming."

"Yeah."

"And Alex? My Rao. Director Danvers has a nice ring to it," Kara said and Barry chuckled as he nodded, "She's so brave..."

"Uh, look at you, okay?" Barry said and Kara shyly smiled, "I mean, leaving your mom after you just found her, coming back to Earth. And after what you told me...holding my dead body in your arms and still finding the strength to do what you needed do. That's courage."

Kara smiled at him, gazing into his green eyes, "I just realized that everything that makes me me is here. This is my home. With you. On this couch, with this insanely huge pizza that we just downed, thank you very much for getting that," she said and he chuckled.

He then cupped her cheek before kissing her. Kara smiled at him after the kiss, placing her head to his. He then laid down on the couch and she placed herself on his chest.

"This is nice..."

"Yeah, it is...Barry?"

"Hmm?"

Kara looked up at him, a gleaming look in her eye, "This entire experiment really made me realize something."