but i can see the stars from america

Later that night, once Sam came back home, she found Kara and Iris at the island, working over some stuff on their laptops. And Lena dead asleep on the couch. "Hey," Sam said and the two looked up at her.

"Hey," Kara said.

"Thanks for staying," Sam said.

"Yeah. She didn't want us to, but," Iris said as Sam set her stuff down.

"You know, I've known Lena a long time and I've never seen her like this," Sam said.

"She wants everyone to think she's so tough," Kara said.

"Yeah, but she is mush on the inside," Sam said before she looked over at the two. "Hey, uh, if you wanna go home, I can sit with her."

"No, it's totally fine," Kara said.

"Rather be here than go home to a empty apartment," Iris said and Sam slightly frowned.

"Yeah, I've actually been having trouble sleeping, so," Kara said.

"Me, too. Bad dreams," Sam said.

"Yeah, I got those, too," Kara said as Sam sat down, and looked at their laptops.

"Okay, what's this?" She asked.

"Well, we've been trying to skim through public records to get info on the families affected," Iris said.

"I've been doing the same thing," Sam said before she pulled out a map. "Um, the medical team at L-Corp was able to secure the addresses for all the sick children."

"So what happens when you connect the Xs?" Kara asked.

"Nothing. The movies lie. Usually, when something like this happens, those affected are from a specific area, but these kids are from all over the city. Luke, who I saw this morning at Ruby's school, he lives down the street. But then there are two kids who live across the city and go to Burgon Country Day. And then there's another one who lives all the way in Edgemont. I just...Staring at this, trying to make sense of it," Sam explained and Kara's eyebrows crinkled as she tried to figure out what was going on.

"There's gotta be some way these kids are connected," Kara said as she picked up the map, examining it. "Social media, school records, bank statements, maybe there's a link?"

Sam nodded as the girls stared at her. "Bank statements. Let's follow the money," Sam said before she took Kara's laptop.

"Yes. I'll make a call," Iris said as she pulled her phone out.

"You don't have to. I'm on it," Sam said, and the two looked to see that Sam already had the statements popped up on the screen.

"How did you-" Iris started, stopping herself. But then Kara started chuckling as Iris smiled and impressed smile.

"I can see why Lena likes you," Kara said, before she eyed the bank statements and saw double. "Delaney's Dumpling Truck."

"Food truck? What about it?" Sam asked.

"Well, Luke's dad and another mom went there on the same day a couple of weeks ago, October twenty-first. Maybe...maybe it's just coincidence," Kara said.

"No. Hold on," Sam said before she pulled up more statements. "They were all there."

"Could it be something in the food?" Iris asked.

"Oktoberfest at Frances Park," Sam said.

"Could be something there," Kara said.

But right then, Iris's phone started to ring. She picked it up and stared at the caller ID oddly.