trinity

"Breaking someone's trust is like crumpling up a perfect piece of paper. You can smooth it over but it's never going to be the same again."
————————————————————————

"Please state your name."

"Lena Keiran Luthor..."

In the conference room of The DEO, Lena sat at the end of the large table, with Supergirl, The Flash, J'onn, Alex sitting on one side of her, and Mon-El, Brainy and Imra sitting on the other side of her. All of them sternly looking at Lena.

"Where should I begin?"

"How long has this been going on?" Supergirl asked. "Three weeks," Lena answered.

"And what exactly have you been doing with Sam for weeks?" Supergirl asked.

"When I first suspected that Sam was more than she knew, I took her to a secret lab in L-Corp, where I conducted a series of tests. With her consent," Lena explained.

"When I examined her, I found nothing out of the ordinary," Alex said.

"Then you weren't looking for the right thing," Lena said.

"So, what did you find?" Supergirl asked.

"After sequencing her DNA, and comparing Sam's blackouts to the Reign's attacks, I came to the conclusion that Sam and Reign were one and the same. Sam is Reign," Lena explained.

"So, for three weeks, you've been harboring and abetting a mass murderer," J'onn said.

"I helped a friend," Lena said.

"And you didn't think to bring this to our attention?" J'onn asked.

"The attention of a clandestine organization, that's never formally acknowledged it's existence to me? No. I'm not your employee. I've not signed a contract, nor sworn an oath. I conducted an L-Corp experiment, using L-Corp technology on L-Corp property," Lena argued.

"What did you discover?" Supergirl asked.

"I was hoping to isolate the spark that turned Sam into Reign, but I didn't get a chance to finish," Lena said before sending an awful look towards them all.

"Weeks with Reign," Supergirl muttered and Lena looked her way, "Do you have any way of tracking the Worldkillers?"

"No," Lena answered.

"Anyone else?" Supergirl asked, looking towards the rest of the group.

"They've gone to ground. They're not coming up again until they have something big to do," Mon said.

"The future's fate is more precarious than ever," Imra added.

"Would you like to know our odds of defeating Pestilence at this juncture?" Brainy asked.

"No," Mon said.
"No," Imra said.

Brainy frowned to himself as Supergirl looked back at Lena, "How...How did you keep her contained?" She asked.

"Kryptonite," Flash muttered, loud enough for everyone to hear.

Including Lena, who nervously looked between him and Supergirl, knowing he was right, "Lex kept a vault in the lab. When I took over L-Corp, I inherited all of its assets, for good or for ill," she softly said before looking straight at Supergirl, "I used Kryptonite."

———

Once her interrogation was over, Lena stepped onto the balcony of the facility, pulling out her phone and calling someone.