i can hear your heart

Mayor Bellows walked into Captain Singh's office where Joe, Barry and Mon-El were waiting for him. "Joseph," he said with a smile.

"Thank you for meeting us," Joe said.

"Quick stop on my way to a hospital ribbon cutting. No problem," Bellows said before he took a moment to stare at Joe. "What's with you? You're glowing."

"N—No, I'm not," Joe stuttered.

"You are," Barry said with a geeky smile.

"Well, how can I help you gentlemen? I've got a lot on my schedule today," Bellows said.

"Ah, we won't take up much of your time, Mr. Mayor. Do you know a man named Ralph Dibny?" Mon asked.

"Doesn't ring a bell. Who is he?" Bellows asked.

"Well, he's a former cop turned private investigator," Barry said.

"I don't think so," Bellows said.

"Really? Because he called your office over a dozen times," Barry said.

"Oh, I'm gonna have to check with my secretary," Bellows said and Joe sighed before he closed the door. He then stepped back into place, giving his old friend a serious look down.

"Anthony, you used to be a cop. We're not talking to the Mayor, here. It's four cops talking. Whatever cops say to each other, they don't say to anybody else," Joe told him as Barry and Mon gave the mayor serious and stern looks. "What's going on with you and Dibny?"

"I, Uh — made a mistake," Bellows said.

"A mistake? You mean like the kind of mistake you make with a woman who's not your wife?" Joe asked and Bellows nodded.

"It was only that one time, Joe. I regretted it the moment I did it, and I broke it off right away. And then Dibny shows up, and he's got pictures of us. And he threatens to show them to my wife unless I pay him," Bellows explained.

"How much?" Mon asked.

"Not enough. All those phone calls, it was him negotiating for a bigger price," Bellows said and Barry sighed annoyed. "I love my family, Joe. Just let me pay him, and I'll be done with it."

"No, Mr. Mayor, you're not gonna have to do that. We're gonna take care of it," Barry said and Bellows smiled at them.

"Joe, Barry, Mike," He said as he shook their hands. "Thank you."

He then opened the door and walked out, closing the door on his way out. "So much for Dibny changing," Barry muttered while Mon crossed his arms.

"I never understood the reasoning behind cheating on your significant other," Mon started and Barry slowly looked back at him. "Like — you claim to love this person forever, but then you just cheat on them with another like they meant nothing-"

"Oh, kinda like how you claimed to be in love with my sister for the past five years and then you married someone else?" Barry asked and Mon looked at him annoyed.

"I don't even remember half of that-" Mon started but stopped himself because he knew Barry didn't care. "I'll just shut up."