of a thousand stars

The next morning on Argo, Kara was sitting in a back room of her home, with Barry sitting nearby, when Alura walked in, "Thara spoke with the owner of that construction site," she said and they all looked at her, "The pillar fell because of a part they were having trouble with in the past. She also checked. Felra was at work when it happened, so if you saw someone suspicious, it wasn't her."

Kara slightly nodded, bowing her head down before Alura sighed, sitting next to her, "I know that being back here is an adjustment. The remnants of your home that you thought had been destroyed...believe me, I understand. I was haunted for a long time by the end of our planet. And the loss of your father, it wasn't easy to regain a sense of peace."

"So, how'd you do it?" Kara asked.

"Oh, it took time," Alura said.

"I'm so happy to be here with you, and Thara, and Barry, Iris. And yet...I do feel unsettled," Kara said.

"Well, the accident yesterday didn't help," Alura said and Kara frowned frustrated.

"I know it sounds crazy, but I don't think it was an accident. I think something's behind it, and I have always followed my intuition," she said.

"Kara...you've had to live your life as a warrior, surviving on a foreign planet, defending others. You have to take in the fact that you don't have to live that way anymore. You've spent so much time taking care of others. Maybe it's finally time that you take care of yourself," Alura told her.

"It's funny, my sister, Alex, she almost said the exact same thing," Kara said and Alura smiled.

"Well, I know why you love her so much," Alura said and Barry smiled.

EARTH — America, National City

That same day at the DEO, James walked up to Winn, Alex and J'onn, who stood behind the the circular table, "Any leads on tracking the gun owner?" He asked.

"Listen, we were only able to identify like ten percent of the people that actually purchased the Heel-14, and that is with state-of-the-art tracking," Winn said.

"So, what's the next move?" James asked.

"Old-fashioned police line-up. We need you to take a look at some photos, James, see if you recognize the guy who bought the gun. Winn, let's start with the guys that purchased more than one weapon," J'onn said before they all turned their attention to the screens behind them.

Winn had his tablet already in hand, so he began to press a few buttons before multiple guys popped up on the screen, and James quickly examined them before he spotted the shooter, "That's him. Bottom right corner, Arthur Willis."

"Okay, Arthur Willis," Winn murmured, pulling up the man's information on his tablet. But saw nothing out of the ordinary, "Are you sure? Cause this says that he passed his instant background check at the gun show. He has no history of mental health issues. I mean, he doesn't seem like a threat."

"I don't forget a face," James said.

"How many guns did he buy?" Alex asked.

"Uh, let's see — four that I can see," Winn said.

"Get a strike team together," J'onn told Alex, who nodded and walked off.

"Wait a strike team?" James questioned.

"What do you want me to do, James?" J'onn asked.

"If you send your guys out there with the same weapons as him, it's gonna turn into a war zone," James said.