The Concert (Part 2) Ricky's POV

It's the day of the concert and I am so nervous, but also really excited. I am going to see QUEEN TAYLOR SWIFT at her Greatest Hits Tour, what could ruin this moment. Oh yeah...EJ.

He told me to wear something cute. Was he flirting with me or just being a good friend? I don't know and I don't care cause I'm going to wear my favorite Taylor shirt with my matching hoodie and matching socks. (Yes, I'm obsessed)

5pm on the dot and EJ arrives in his dark black custom Jeep. He opened the door and wow... he looked so good and smelled amazing, I MEAN he was wearing nice clothes.

"Ready, Bowen?"

"More than ready! How are you so calm?! We are seeing the Queen herself, TAYLOR ALISON SWIFT?!"

"Relax, I am excited. Just holding it all in till the concert. C'mon we are going to be late for our reservation."

Reservation? Where is EJ taking me?

We arrived at the restaurant and it was some super fancy Italian place in a part of town I have never heard nor been to. Everyone was in suits and long dresses and here I am underdressed in my ripped jeans and "I Heart Taylor" shirt.

The hostess and waitress recognized EJ right away, he must have come here a lot.

"Ready to order?" The waitress asked.

I have never been to a place like this before so I just got the basic spaghetti, whereas EJ got some fancy eggplant parm thing with some truffle sauce or something on it, it sounded super fancy.

As I was eating, I kept thinking of the Lady and Tramp spaghetti kiss scene and how cute it would be to do that with--- NO! NOT HIM!, I mean uh- with someone. ANYWAYS, we finished dinner and headed for the concert.

"Give me the aux."

"Really, more Taylor?"

"Of course! We have to get ready for the concert and have to make sure you know your songs."

I immediately play, "22" to get the party started and get the vibe going. I look over to my left and see EJ tapping his thumbs on the steering wheel, humming the song, and quietly singing the lyrics.

"Is EJ Caswell a closeted Swiftie?"

"Shut up Bowen!" EJ says, as he hits me in the arm.

"OW! Pay attention to the road! I am not dying before I see the Queen perform."

EJ just rolls his eyes, but smiles.

We finally arrive at the concert and get to our seats.

We are about an hour into the concert and it is AMAZING! Everything I hoped for, even EJ was dancing and getting into it.

"Omg this is my song!" I say, as we hear the opening chords to "Lover" start.

"Alright, we are going to slow it down for a bit. To all of my couples out there, this one's for you." Taylor says to the crowd.

I feel something inside of me wanting to just grab EJ and hold him during this song, but why? We are just friends, barely even friends.

We just stand next to each other, singing the song, swaying with the crowd, and listening to the lyrics.

"Ladies and gentlemen, will you please stand?

With every guitar string scar on my hand

I take this magnetic force of a man to be my lover"

I sing my heart out to this song, turning to EJ with my eyes closed, and singing with not a care in the world.

"Swear to be overdramatic and true to my lover

And you'll save all your dirtiest jokes for me

And at every table, I'll save you a seat, lover"

I don't know what is happening, maybe it's the song, maybe it's the mood, or maybe it's something else but I grab EJ's hand, holding it tightly while singing. He turns around and looks at me, straight into my eyes.

"Can I go where you go?

Can we always be this close forever and ever?

And ah, take me out, and take me home (forever and ever)"

He didn't flinch or turn away, maybe he wants it too. He looks down at my lips, I look up at his. All of the couples around us are kissing and hugging and holding each other. Just go for it Ricky, he wants it too, I say to myself.

"You're my, my, my, my

Oh, you're my, my, my, my

Darling, you're my, my, my, my

Lover"

And as Taylor sings the last line of the song, I muster up the courage and kiss him, right on the lips. The echoing sound of the last word, "Lover", fills the stadium and my mind. I just keep hearing "Lover" over and over again in my head with the mental image of EJ.

He breaks the kiss and I open my eyes to see him, shocked and bugged-eye. Oh, no.. what did I just do?

EJ puts his head down, grabs his jacket, and runs out of our row, heading towards the exit.

Oh no Ricky, what did you just do!