A Public Relationship

"Spotted! Academy Award Winner EJ Caswell seen leaving a fancy night club with Grammy Award Winner Ricky Bowen. Are we seeing stars cause these two are shining together! Do we smell a new couple on the rise?"

The online newspaper article headline read as Ricky laid in bed. He was laying shirtless in bed as he read the article on his phone when a pair of strong arms grabbed his waist. The Grammy Award winner turned over to see the Oscar winning actor cuddle up on his back.

"Morning baby. Last night was fun." EJ said as he laid his head on Ricky's shoulder and his bare chest pressed against Ricky's back.

"Morning E and a little too fun, look." Ricky said, handing his phone to EJ.

"Cute tagline. I like the part about the stars, cause you are a star to me." EJ kissed Ricky's cheek.

"Thanks baby. But that's not what I am talking about. Should we? You know what nevermind." Ricky unwrapped himself out of EJ's arms, put on a pair of boxers, and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

EJ sat up, the sheets barely coming his lower half and his usually perfect hair was a hot mess,

"Ri, what's up? Talk to me." EJ said, wiping the sleep out of his eyes.

"It's just-" A toothpaste filled Ricky began to speak. "What if we went public with our relationship?"

"Public? Are you sure?"

"Yeah, why not?" Ricky spat his toothpaste out.

"I mean, we've been dating for like 3 years now and all of these headlines always come out every time we are spotted together. But why now? I thought you wanted to wait until your management said something."

"I know, I know. I just feel like-" Ricky gargled his mouthwash before heading back to bed with his boyfriend.

"I just feel like we should go public with us. I am tired of telling the press and articles that we are really good friends. I want to call you my boyfriend and tell them we are together."

"Well, you know my answer. I've wanted us to go public since the first day we met back at that party 3 years ago, but you told me we couldn't because of your record label."

"I know baby, but let me make some calls and see what I can do okay?" Ricky said, smiling.

"Okay baby, I trust you." The two kissed in the morning sheets.

"Now go brush your teeth, your breath smells."

"Oh please, you know you like it." EJ said, rolling out of bed and walking to the bathroom.

"DAMN! NICE ASS!" Ricky whistled and cheered for his boyfriend as he walked to the bathroom butt naked.

The two boys in love walked out of EJ's apartment together looking both ways to make sure no paparazzi were following them. When the coast was clear, they made their way to the nearest cafe shop.

"No one followed us right?" Ricky asked kind of nervously.

"No, I didn't see anyone. Don't worry baby, we can just tell the press that we met here as friends. Now what do you want to eat? I'm feeling pancakes." EJ said as he explored the menu of the cafe.

Ricky kept on looking over his shoulder or outside the window making sure he didn't see a camera or anyone following them. The musician made the call to his team while EJ was in the shower to see if it was now okay for them to come out officially, but they didn't give him an answer. His team told him that they would get back to him soon, but that wasn't fast enough for Ricky, now he is on edge.