Camping Trip

"Thanks again Mike for letting me take Ricky on this camping trip with me."

"Anytime EJ. I think it would be good for him to get out and get some fresh air and be one with nature and all."

"Yeah, I think it would be good for him too." EJ said as he watched his boyfriend come down the stairs carrying a duffle bag.

"Ready babe?"

"Ready, E."

"Dad, are you really letting me go on this trip? Alone? And with my boyfriend?"

"Yes, son. I trust him and you."

"Really? No strings, no what-ifs, no contractual agreement of some sorts."

"None, I promise. I trust you both and besides I packed condoms and lube in your duffle bag, just in case... You never know." EJ started to laugh as Ricky's face lit up like a traffic light.

"DAD! OH MY GOD! SHUT UP! THAT'S SO EMBARRASSING!" EJ was still laughing as Ricky was still embarrassed.

"What? I'm not going to tell you not to do it, I mean you are going to be alone, under the stars, cuddling together. I'd rather you be safe and protective than nothing at all."

"Oh my god dad.. Let's go E before this gets more awkward." Ricky said, grabbing EJ's hand and pulling him out the front door.

"What no goodbye hug?" Mike said.

EJ stopped walking, turned around, gave Mike a hug telling him thank you again for letting him take Ricky away for the weekend.

"I love this guy! I knew you picked the right one, Rick. If your boyfriend can give me a hug, then you can give your old man one too." Ricky awkwardly walked back to give his father a hug.

"Bye dad. Thanks again. Love you."

"Love you too son." Mike said, hugging Ricky. After they embraced, Ricky walked back to EJ's Jeep and hopped in the passenger seat.

"Bye boys! Have fun! Text me when you get there! And PLEASE USE PROTECTION!" Mike shouted as EJ drove off causing Ricky to become more embarrassed as he saw his neighbors laughing on their lawns.

EJ was taking Ricky on a weekend long camping trip up in the mountains. He has been wanting to do this for a while now, but Ricky always refused since it was either too cold or MIke would never let him go. However, EJ decided to take a leap of faith and asked Mike if Ricky could go away with him for the weekend and to EJ's surprise Mike was thrilled. EJ was expecting to put up a fight and defend his reasoning, but instead Mike let them go. He only had one rule though: bring Ricky back in one piece. EJ could manage that... hopefully.

"Alright Ri, you're in charge of music for the drive."

"Ah yes, my specialty." Ricky said, connecting his phone to EJ's car.

"I'm still surprised my dad let me go on this."

"Me too, but he trusts us and I would never want to break his trust." EJ said, grabbing Ricky's hand and kissing it as he drove through the city.

"Yeah, cause if you did, he would kill you."

"And you wouldn't want me dead now would you?" EJ said, rubbing circles on Ricky's hand.

"Course not, my life wouldn't be the same without you." Ricky leaned over and kissed his boyfriend on the cheek.

As EJ made his way through the city and up the mountains, the two boys were singing and dancing along to Ricky's driving playlist. They didn't even realize that they already made it to their destination.