Summer Job

"Ugh, did we really have to work here this summer? Why couldn't we just work at your parent's pizza place?"

"Because.. Because I wanted to try something new.."

"You just didn't want to be around Kourtney and Howie being all lovey dovey, did you?"

"Not really, but now I have to be around you and that new lifeguard and all of this awkward flirting."

"Flirting?! I- what flirting?"

"Oh please Ricky, it's so obvious."

"WHAT'S OBVIOUS?!"

"Better go deal with that customer.."

Big Red and Ricky got summer jobs working the snack shack at the local swimming pool. Ricky wanted to just work at Big Red's family owned pizza shop so they could have it easy, but Big Red had other plans in store.

It's the first week of summer and Ricky was already over this new job, but there was something or let's say someone, keeping his head in the game...

"Hi, what can I get you?" Ricky asked the new customer at the snack shack.

"What's good here?"

" ... well it's a snack shack and we only sell snacks and burgers. So.."

"I'll take a cheeseburger and your phone number please?" The new customer said.

Ricky looked up from the cash register and saw a hunky, muscular, tanned, blue-eyed lifeguard. He was in a bright red tank top and a pair of really tight and really short swim trunks, so tight you could see his di-

"Ricky! Ricky! What did he want?"

"i-UH! Sorry Big Red. One cheeseburger."

"And your phone number." The lifeguard interrupted.

Ricky was taken back by the sudden flirting and aggressive approach. The fact that some random dude just asked for his number... Creepy.

"Yeah, no thanks. Don't even know you. Here's your burger, have a good one." Ricky said, giving the lifeguard his burger, before running away to go hide next to Big Red at the BBQ.

"Dude what was that all about? He was totally flirting with you!"

"No he wasn't, he was just being a creep."

"Well, if you don't give him your number, I'm giving him mine. He's hot."

Ricky looked confused at Big Red, he always forgot his best friend is bi, since he is dating Ashlyn Caswell.

"Ugh whatever. Why is he eating his burger here? Isn't there like a breakroom or something?"

"Maybe it's cause he wants to get to know the cute cashier worker..."

Ricky had his head down not looking at the lifeguard sitting at the counter of the snack shack. Every once and a while though, Ricky would look up to sneak glances at the lifeguard, but was instantly embarrassed when the lifeguard was staring back.

This was going to be a long summer.

Over the next few weeks, the cute lifeguard would always go to the snack shack during his lunch break and order the same thing, "a cheeseburger and Ricky's phone number." At first, Ricky thought it was super creepy, but after much persistence from the lifeguard he found it flattering. So, Ricky thought he would get to know the guy first before giving his number out to some random stranger.

"Hi, what can I get you today?"

"A cheeseburger and your phone number, please?"

"Can I ask you something?"