It Was Supposed To Be Our Wedding

"Ahhh! Are you excited Ricky? Today's the day!"

"Neen, don't scare the poor boy. He's probably already feeling stressed."

"G's right, we should let Ricky be. Biggie, maybe you can watch him, you are the best man?"

"Yeah, I can. I got you Rick."

"You sure about that Big Red, he doesn't look so good."

"My Sebbie's right, Ricky are you okay?"

"I can get you some water? Howie, can you come with me?"

"Yeah, I can go with Kourt and get you some food too?"

"GUYS, PLEASE JUST SHUT UP!" Ricky said, snapping at all of his friends who were in his dressing room.

"Sorry." The former theater gang members said at once.

"I'm sorry guys, today just needs to be perfect. Like perfectly perfect or else it will fall apart." Ricky turned around in his makeup chair to look at every single one of his friends: Nini, Gina, Ashlyn, Big Red, Seb, Carlos, Kourtney, and Howie.

"Ricky, I know it's your wedding day and it can be stressful, but you should be able to enjoy today too."

"Thanks Nini. It's just Lily and my mom and everything. You know how they can be.. Everything has to be perfect for them. The wedding, the gifts, the catering, our relationship.."

"Ricky, are you getting cold feet? Cause we can call this whole thing off right now if you want too."

"NO!" Ricky said, aggressively to Gina.

"I mean.. No. The wedding has to go on, I have to do this."

"You still love Lily right bro? I mean you are going to marry her, but this doesn't look like love?" Big Red questioned his best friend.

"Yes? No? I don't know. What I do know is that if Lily or my mom don't get their way with this wedding, things will get worse."

"But do you love her? Like really love her?" Carlos asked.

"As in, spend the rest of your life with her?" Seb repeated after his husband.

"And possibly create a family together?" Ashlyn questioned.

Ricky looked up and saw his reflection in the mirror. He can see the bags underneath his eyes of sleepless nights contemplating his love life. He could see his chapped lips that only get attention and affection when Lily wants them. He could see his curly messed up from him running his hands through it, constantly stressing over every little hiccup that occurred in his life or relationship. His smile has faded, his hopefulness has left, and his happiness was no more.

"Ricky?" Nini walked over and placed her hand on her bestie's shoulder.

Ricky quickly pushed it off and brushed off his friend's comments. "How much time till the wedding?"

"What?" Everyone questioned.

"How long do we have until the wedding starts?" Ricky asked again, this time a little more harshly.

"Um, about 4 hours?" Seb responded nervously back to Ricky.

"Kourt, can you please do my makeup now? Or Ash can you do my hair? Or Howie can you get my suit? Just can we do something other than talk about my feelings. I just need to get through today.." Ricky didn't sound so happy and in love anymore.

The theater friends all looked at one another with a worried look on their faces. None of them knew what to do, should they question Ricky's decision or just go with what he asked?