Met in College

Ricky's POV

You know I thought college in New York would be different. Ice skating during the winter, drinking coffee and studying in Central Park, going on late night drunk pizza runs with friends, instead I am sitting in my dorm, cold, alone, and attempting to do my homework for like the 1000 time today... no success.

That's it, I need to clear my head and get out of this crap of a room. I head down to my favorite coffee shop near my dorm. I like to call it chaotically calm, just like me. It has nice couches and tables for people to relax or study but the art on the wall is crazy! It looks like someone made it when they were drunk or something, paint was everywhere and not a single design, it was chaos. But I loved it, it felt like how my brain was which is probably why I always come here, it was the familiarity of it all.

I ordered my favorite tea as it was both caffeinated and calming. I prefer it better than coffee as coffee makes me go crazy sometimes. I sit down at one of the couches with a table and start to study for my music theory class, when someone walks in that catches my eye. It was this guy from class, actually a few of my classes, he was... he was... beautiful.

~ Flashback ~

It was the first day of classes for my first semester at school. I went to my 8am music theory class. I know 8am freshman year is LITERAL hell, but they didn't have anything else open. I took a seat in the back of the auditorium lecture hall, when I saw the most beautiful man I have ever seen walk in. I mean this dude was STUNNING, the built and body of a young Zac Efron but the smile and calming presence of a young, charming Leonardo Dicaprio. I legit gasped out loud causing a few people to stare at me, so I put my hood up and tried to concentrate on the lecture.

After my music theory class, my next class wasn't until later so I went to the dining hall to get some breakfast and guess who happened to be there too! The Greek god himself! He was talking to some friends, of course he would have friends already, so I didn't want to disturb him by trying to go over and talk to him, so I ate my cereal then left.

My last class of the day was intro to statistics. I never understood why a music major had to take a math course, but here I am anyway. I sit in the back of the 500 person lecture hall, like I always do, when I hear a bunch of people laughing coming into class. I turned to look and there HE was AGAIN! He was laughing with a bunch of guys who could probably beat me up for liking their friend. They sat in the front of the hall, so I could only see the back of his head, but it was still the most handsome head I had ever seen. It was a good thing these classes were every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday cause I don't know what I would do if I saw him everyday...

On Tuesday, my classes in the morning went okay. It was all introduction and theory classes, none actually learning how to play music, only the history of it. My final class of the day was communications and I dreaded going to it. I hated speaking in front of people, yes I did musicals in highschool, but that was different. I had my friends there with me and it was fun and something that interested me, not some boring books from before the 1800s.

This class was different though; it was smaller, more intimate, more noticeable, so I could hide in the back if I wanted to. I still somehow managed to grab a seat in the back when the professor walked in talking to some student. The student turned around and it was HIM AGAIN! I swear if he wasn't hot, I would've thought he was stalking me.

He turned around before taking a seat at the front and he locked eyes with me. I quickly looked the other way, but I felt a smile creep on my face. Let's just say, I had no idea what that class was about. I guess this college thing could be good after all..

~ End of Flashback ~

The hottie from my classes came into the same coffee shop as me! I mean it is the closest coffee shop to the dorms, but I have been coming here almost everyday for a month and I have never seen him come in here before.

He walked in alone, that was a first as I usually saw him surrounded by a bunch of people. I watched him go to the counter and ordered something. He then looked around the coffee shop as he was waiting for his order and he looked right at me and smiled. I thought he was smiling at someone else, so I didn't smile back. Instead, I put my headphones in, put my hoodie on, and put my head down pretending to do my work.

I was flicking my pencil up and down on my work, when I saw the seat in front of me get pulled out and someone take a seat. I thought it was one of my "friends" from my dorm, but instead it was HIM! MR. HOTTIE! He waved his hand in front of me to get my attention and I frantically took my hood and headphones off.

"Hi." He said.

"Uh-hey."

"What you listening to?" he asks.

"Just music." Obviously, I am not going to tell him that I secretly listen to my favorite Disney playlists to calm myself down.

"Let me guess.. Something Disney or some sad ballad music type"

"Ho-How did you kno-"

"Kidding! Unless you are, then that's pretty cool." He said, with a smile. I just nod my head in acceptance.

"You're in some of my classes right? I'm EJ." He says, extending his hand out.

"i-I'm Ricky." I say shyly, while shaking his hand back.

"Are you a music major also?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Minor. I'm a pre-law major."

"A singing lawyer, who would've thought." Crap! Why did I say that, he is going to get all mad at me now!

But instead he just laughs and god that laugh is adorable! "Well my dad wants me to become a lawyer, I want to do theater, so we made a compromise. But a singing lawyer would be pretty cool huh? I could win my cases through song."

I laugh at that comment. This dude, I mean EJ, he's okay. "That would be funny to see."

"Well thank you. Hey Ricky, could I borrow your phone? I forgot mine in my room and need to text my roommate something."

"Oh sure, here." I said, unlocking my phone. EJ just smiles at me and texts his roommate.

"Thanks. I gotta head out now, but we should do this again. I like talking to you Ricky."

"Yeah forsure. I like talking to you too, EJ." I say as he gets up and walks towards the door.

"WAIT!" I shout back at him.

"Yeah?"

"Can-Can- Can I get your number? You know, so we can hangout again." I started to feel light-headed and my hands got all sweaty. My heart was racing. DId I really just ask for his number?"

"You already have it" EJ says as he walks out with a smirk on his face and winks at me.

I had no idea what he meant. What does he mean I already have his number? I barely even know him. I just got his name and major, what is he talking about?

Then my phone vibrates and it's a text from a random number.

"You have my number, now I got yours. Same place and time tomorrow. Can't wait. - EJ"

WHAT?! How did he get my number? I then look at my messages and there was a text that was previous sent to this number and it read:

"Hey Ricky, not really texting my roommate, but you will figure that out soon. I got your number now."

I smiled, oh this guy was SMOOTH! Now, I know why everyone is always around him. Guess, college won't be so bad after all...

A/N: EJ being smooth and putting his number into Ricky's phone already? I mean cmon!! Will make a part 2 to this eventually, cause I already have a plan for it but didn't want to make this chapter like 3000+ words... more to come soon!