Our Story

Hoo, Hoo was all that could be heard throughout the cool fall Utah night. The sounds of leaves flourishing in the wind, branches moving, and Owls hooting was just outside the Caswen household.

As a cool breeze went through the open windows of Ricky and EJ's master bedroom, the former skater boy shivered in coldness. EJ felt his husband shake from the air, so he wrapped him up tighter in his arms and pulled the blanket over them.

Ricky still hasn't fully recovered from giving birth a few months ago. His body is still out of whack and he is not 100% just yet. EJ is doing the best he can to be there for his husband, taking time off of work, making sure Ricky and the kids are taken care of every second of the day, and giving them the attention they deserve. But right now all he wants to do is cuddle with his beautiful husband and make sure he gets his beauty sleep.

And that is just what they were doing. Ricky's back was on EJ's bare chest as the older man had his arms wrapped around his husband's waist and their legs intertwined. You would think EJ was trying to grab onto Ricky for dear life as if someone was trying to take him away. Ricky's labor wasn't the easiest, so EJ wants to make sure nothing happens to his husband again.

As the former jock's chest rose and the former skater's stomach exhaled, the two husbands could feel each other's breathing become one. Little snores came from Ricky, while EJ left small kisses along his husband's neck and shoulders. This was perfect, this was everything they wanted. Home together, a family together, and their love for each other. Nothing can ruin this.

"WAHHHH!" "WAAHHHH!" The loud cries from their newborns come over the baby monitor on their night stand as EJ and Ricky start to tosh and turn in bed.

"Huh?" Ricky said as he was slowly waking up in his husband's arms.

"The babies, the babies? THE BABIES!" Ricky yelled, moving from his husband's embrace.

"Baby, where are you going?" EJ said as he noticed his husband was no longer in his arms.

"I'm sorry Jay, I didn't mean to wake you. But the babies are up and crying, I'm going to go see what's up." Ricky got up from his bed in nothing but his briefs and started walking to their door.

"Oh no,no,no. Ricky. come back to bed."

"Eej, but the kids."

"Ricky..."

"But the-"

"Richard Michael Caswen, bed NOW!" EJ sounded like a parent yelling at his kid. His husband quietly walked back to bed and looked up at his lover.

"EJ, but the kids.."

"I know, I will go check on them. You stay here and get some rest. You haven't had a full night's sleep since we got back from the hospital, you need your rest baby. The pregnancy was rough on you."

"Oh E, I can't let you."

"You aren't letting me, Ri. They are my kids too, our kids. We made them together, let me take care of them. You just lay back in bed and get some rest." EJ pulled his husband into a hug, kissed his forehead, then brought him down into the sheets. He grabbed the blanket from their bed and pulled it over Ricky.

"I will be right back, baby. Goodnight, my love." EJ said, kissing Ricky's lips.

"Goodnight EJ, come and get me if you need me." Ricky smiled and he curled up into the pillow and slowly drifted off to sleep.

EJ got up from the bed, closed the windows to keep Ricky warm, and looked over at his sleeping husband. He looked so soft and cuddly and happy, he was perfect.