The Application

"Attention students, will EJ Caswell please report to the principal's office. EJ Caswell to the principal's office now." The loud speaker went off in the school as the principal's secretary's voice echoed through the classrooms.

A collective "oooo" went around EJ's senior calculus class as his name was called. He looked up to his teacher for acceptance to go to the office and when she agreed, EJ collected his things and headed towards the door.

Whispers came from the other students as EJ got up from his seat. "Dead man walking" a student said as EJ passed by them. "He's probably getting suspended," another student said as he made his way to the door. "Or he got another award. Suck up," another student whispered. EJ gave all of them a dirty look as he made his way past them trying to ignore what they were saying.

Usually whenever EJ got called to the principal's office it was for something good like receiving another award or getting a certificate of some sort, well usually.. There was that one time he got caught making out with one of his water polo teammates in the teacher's lounge. He was sent to the principal's office, but the principal gave him a warning as Cash was a big donor to the school. But this time he hadn't made out with anyone... well not at school anyways, so he wondered what this summons was for.

As he made his way to the main office, the principal's secretary pointed to the principal's office and told EJ to knock on the door.

*knock* *knock*

"Mr. Caswell, please come in." Principal Gutierrez said.

EJ walked in to see Miss Jenn, Mr. Mazarra, and Ash in there.

"Miss Jenn? Mr. M? Ash? What are you guys doing here? Is everything okay? Did something happen to my parents? Was there a death in the family?" EJ was freaking out.

"No EJ, sweetie. Please take a seat." MIss Jenn pulled the chair back for EJ to sit.

"Relax EJ, it's good news," Ashlyn said, patting EJ on the back.

"Mr. Mazarra, would you like to do the honors?" Principal Gutierrez asked the teacher while handing him an envelope.

"Would love too." Mr. Mazarra took the envelope.

"Eh, Um.. Dear Mr. Caswell, On behalf of The Juilliard School of Drama and Acting, we are pleased to offer you admissions for Fall 2022. Please inform us at your earliest convenience on your acceptance as we will be reaching out to you for more information. We hope you accept this offer and be a proud Juilliard Scholar. Congratulations!"

"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! I GOT INTO JULLIARD?!" EJ asked.

"YOU DID IT Eej! YOU GOT IN! CONGRATULATIONS COUSIN!" Ashlyn hugged her older cousin as the two jumped around together in the middle of the principal's office.

"Congratulations son." Mr. Mazarra said.

"Oh EJ. I am so proud of you! I knew casting you as our lead in this year's musical was the right choice. Congratulations!" Miss Jenn said in between wiping tears from her eyes.

"Congratulations Mr. Caswell. East High is proud of its students and future leaders." Principal Gutierrez said, shaking EJ's hand.

"Ho-How did this happen? I didn't even apply! Ash, did you send an application in for me?"

"No, not me! Although I should have."

"Miss Jenn?"

"Not me. Juilliard and I have some... history. I'm not legally allowed to talk about it."

"Mr. Mazarra?"

"Sorry, EJ. I didn't know this school even existed until about 30 minutes ago when Jennifer told me everything about it."