The Set Up

"Alright, great rehearsal everyone. I think that is all for today." Miss Jenn said, ending rehearsal for the week.

A collective groan and deep breaths filled the bomb shelter.

"Remind me again why Miss Jenn chose to do High School Musical 3?" Ricky asked his best friend.

"Cause she said something about trilogies, our ending, and senior year. I don't know, I kind of tune her out after the first 10 minutes." Big Red said, laughing while packing his bag up.

"You and me both. I still don't understand why I got Troy again, but literally everyone else got re-casted."

"Not true, EJ is still playing Chad, your best friend."

"God, don't remind me."

"I thought you two works things out and are friends now?" Big Red asked, sort of concerned..

"I mean we aren't like best friends like how Troy and Chad are and how we are." Ricky said, pointing to him and Red. "But we are still friends. I don't know, I kind of wanted you to be Chad, I mean we are best friends."

"True, but you and EJ have this random chemistry that just comes together on screen. Besides, I'm a better Ryan."

"True, he does get his own tap dance number in this version."

"And I wonder who gave Miss Jenn that idea."

The two boys started laughing as they grabbed their bags and headed for the doors. The weekend is here and the two would spend it skateboarding, playing video games, eating all the pizza and watching as many scary movies as possible.

"Uhm, Ricky can you hang back for a second?" Miss Jenn asked, causing Ricky to stop.

"I'll text you later Red." Ricky said, fist bumping his best friend and walking over to Miss Jenn.

"Yeah, Miss Jenn.?"

"Ricky sweetie. Now I know you are an amazing singer, but your acting and dancing need a little more help."

"Oh, I'm sorry Miss Jenn. I'll practice really hard this weekend." (that was a lie)

"Perfect and I have just the partner for you."

"PARTNER?!"

"Ready for dance practice Bowen?" The tall, blue eyed jock came up from the bleachers behind Miss Jenn.

"EJ?!"

"Yes, EJ sweetie."

"No offense Miss Jenn, but why EJ? Shouldn't I work with Gina or Carlos for my dancing and maybe Kourtney or Seb for my acting?" Why him?"

"Gee, thanks Bowen I feel so loved." EJ said, placing his hand over his heart pretending to be hurt.

"HA-HA funny Caswell."

"Now listen up here boys. HSM 3: Senior Year is all about coming together as a team before everyone heads their separate ways after high school, like you all. There is a big dance number between Troy and Chad and their acting as bestfriends was felt throughout the movie. Now I need you two to bring that emotion and dance to the stage. Gina can help you both with the more advanced steps later, but I need you two to be insync to be closer than ever and I am not seeing that right now. So, I have asked EJ here to spend some time with you this weekend, so you two can really nail that chemistry together." Miss Jenn said with a big smile on her face.

"But- But"

"No buts Ricky. This is important."

"Yeah, Ricky. No buts." EJ said, winking at Ricky causing the skater boy to flinch a little.